User Avatar Image

So when did you first discover zombies?

posted by ItsCleo on - last edited - Viewed by 917 users
Was it The Walking Dead or something else? For me, I was about 12 years old when I first saw The Omega Man with Charleton Heston. He's the lone survivor of a plague that wipes out the entire population, except for a few people who are still alive but physically changed by the effects. They technically weren't zombies but they were scary (to a 12 year old girl!) and dangerous. That has always been one of my favorite movies, and is still tons better than the Will Smith remake I Am Legend.

How did you get introduced to zombies?
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gotta agree with good Ol' George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead
  • uh... :\ Resident evil for dreamcast? (I was 6, and it was 2004)
  • Zombies in general? There's no initial movie or anything that comes to mind, especially since I was pretty sheltered growing up. I think when I was pretty little, five or six, I saw zombies in a cartoon or something. That's probably when I was first introduced to them.
  • I think it happened when I started reading my father's Dylan Dog comics... a few years later, I watched the 25th anniversary dvd edition of Romero's Night of the Living Dead... couldn't sleep for a whole week...
  • I think the first game I ever played that involved zombies was Medievil 2 for Playstation. I was a kid, so I think it was like 7~8 years ago.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    The first time I ever heard of Zombies was in Maniac Mansion when Dr. Fred was planning to hook Dave's girlfriend Sandy up to his Zom-B-Matic machine. No one was ever shown being turned into a zombie by that machine though, so:

I've never been much for the horror genre, so the first thing I ever watched/played with zombies in it came much later. I'm not sure whether it was Resident Evil: Code Veronica on Dreamcast or the Resident Evil movie, since I don't remember which I experienced first. It was one of those though, I'm pretty sure.

Oh, no wait... I remember... the first time I ever saw something with zombies in it was The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror III. :D
  • Night of the Living Dead remake and the Return of the Living Dead movies.
  • i can't even think of the first zombie thing i heard of, it just existed in the culture like ghosts, vampires and werewolves
  • Like many others George Romeros Night of the Living Dead was my first introduction to zombies. I think I was about 7-8 years old and was hiding and watching it from around the corner behind my dads chair. I didn't really get hooked by zombies until RE on PS.
  • HanoverFist;696657 said:
    The original Dawn of the Dead from late 70s/early 80s.
    Freaked my 10 year old ass out.
    Same here still the best zombie movie ever!
This discussion has been closed.