User Avatar Image

If they cut off Hershel's leg in the comics/TV show, why not Lee's arm?

posted by masterofceremonies on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users
You can chalk it up to just simply being a different group of people, and I guess it has been less time than the chronology from the TV show/comics (what I estimate as 4 months as compared to 10 months with Rick & Co.), but I feel like having Lee die is kind of a cop out when they could just sever his arm the way they did with Hershel's leg and later Rick's arm in the comics. Granted, it makes for a much more emotionally impactful story, but given what we know about the Walking Dead universe, Lee could live yet.
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Shagittarius;705545 said:
    I don't understand why they cut off anything. They said they are all infected already and when they die they will come back. The show doesn't make sense.
    You don't come back unless you die. You die from a bite.
  • Thanks for the comic spoiler. I didn't think I had to worry about those here.
  • Rick acted fucking immediately, he grabbed that axe and went chopping like there was no tomorrow. Lee missed out on that oppontunity when they decided to run through the sewers to find Clem. I wouldn't want to see that anyways, he will need that hand to save Clem.
    AshleyTheNeko;705584 said:
    Thanks for the comic spoiler. I didn't think I had to worry about those here.
    Same, I've had almost the entire comic spoiled for me on these forums.
  • To be fair, most of the time we're talking about comics that are four or five years old now. There's a statute of limitations on spoilers and I think four or five years is long enough.
  • i ended up buying the first compendium because i couldn't help but see some spoilers
  • Well, its a matter of timing and even then its not guaranteed to work. Its been done several times in the comic but its only worked once.
  • IIRC, the other times amputation failed it was because of blood loss.
  • What your saying is the zombies carry 2 kinds of disease, one that everyone is already infected with and a second that is spread through bites and scratches?

Otherwise it still doesn't make sense that a bite would cause death unless like any other bite it lead to death through bleeding.

Seems a bit stupid to me.
  • Look at the teaser image for episode five in the game.
    It's Clementine looking at a disembodied arm in shock.
    Getting it cut off is exactly what happens.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;706047 said:
    To be fair, most of the time we're talking about comics that are four or five years old now. There's a statute of limitations on spoilers and I think four or five years is long enough.
    Good for you. It's still inconsiderate to spoil events/etc from one form of media in a forum dedicated to another form of media. Even if they take place in the same setting.
This discussion has been closed.