User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Movie

posted by StewG on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users
Hi!
I was just wondering if there ever would be made a Sam & Max movie.

I´m sure Steve Purcell could put something together. That would just be the best thing ever.

If anyone has an idea, please post it, and if not, then find one:p
166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    splash1;70690 said:
    Steve's not doing anything till he finishes his comics
    ... except overseeing 11 episodes of the game, republishing surfin the highway, and working full time at Pixar...
  • What's he doing at Pixar? And is he even finishing the comics?
  • Harley Quinn;70736 said:
    What's he doing at Pixar?
    Storyboard artist. I was looking for his name during the credits of WALL-E, but didn't find it as of yet.

He does have a Storyboard credit in Cars, however, and is responsible for the design of The Screaming Banchee in the short film on the Cars DVD "Mater and the Ghost Light."
  • Wow, you learn something new everyday. Gonna have to keep a look out for him!
  • "(whatever Sam said at 25 seconds)"
  • A Sam & Max movie is long overdue!
    I would personally like to see it done with traditional hand drawn cell animation,but given the
    popularity of CGI animation and Steve Purcells Pixar connections it would most likely be done in that format.

I am sure it will eventually be made,Hollywood is running on fumes now,they have become so creatively bankrupt that they keep recycling old tv shows into movies,like "get smart","bewitched","underdog","alvin and the chipmunks" and the like.they are desperate for new ideas,and Sam & Max would be a hit.
    It was a shame the fox series didnt last longer,and that the network imposed stupid arbitrary decisions upon Steve Purcell ,such as forcing him to make "the geek" into a girl,and not allowing the slapstick violence and gunplay of the comics into the series.
    What with shows like South Park and Family Guy they might not be so stuffy if it were done today.

Anyway,I'd love to see a Sam & Max film done in Steve Purcells original uncensored version.but only time will tell.

We arent making any future classics for other generations to rip off and shamelessly exploit for a quick buck.
  • sam&maxfreelancepolice;70926 said:
    and that the network imposed stupid arbitrary decisions upon Steve Purcell ,such as forcing him to make "the geek" into a girl
    Could've been worse, pretty sure I heard something about them wanting Max to be a girl.
  • sam&maxfreelancepolice;70926 said:
    We arent making any future classics for other generations to rip off and shamelessly exploit for a quick buck.
    We aren't? Could have sworn WALL-E is another "future classic" for the next generation to rip off (though there are debates about how even that movie with their homages are ripping off even older source material).
Add Comment