User Avatar Image

Disappointments in Gaming

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
At the risk of creating a rant thread... What games have you purchased which you heard good things about but when you played the game it turns out to be a disappointment;

or else you bought one game instead of another, but when you played the one you picked you wished you had made the other choice?

And why?
43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style

These are games I hate.

Games I don't hate, whose wasted potential weights heavily on my soul:

and

...'s single-player campaign. Which is awful.
  • Curse is one of my favorite games. And one of the first adventure games I played and constantly makes me laugh.
  • corruptbiggins;707070 said:
    Mass Effect.

For someone who likes western RPGs and space/science fiction stuff as well as enjoying playing other BioWare titles I just can't get into Mass Effect. I've tried many times, I play for a bit then I get bored and just stop until I try again a few months or a year later or so. Now I've pretty much given up on the idea of finishing it, yet I won't uninstall it just in case I want to try it again.
    To be fair, you really gotta get through the first few hours of Mass Effect before it starts getting good (every time I replay it, I wish I could skip the whole Citadel sequence).

My biggest gaming disappointments have been nearly all James Bond games. I don't know why it's so hard for developers to make good James Bond games. It should be so easy, it's a franchise that seems tailor-made for good videogames.
  • I'm clicking everywhere but THE GAME WON'T START!!!!!!

BIG disappointment.
  • Rather Dashing;707397 said:
    I'm clicking everywhere but THE GAME WON'T START!!!!!!

BIG disappointment.
    You have to hit the any key.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;707392 said:
    To be fair, you really gotta get through the first few hours of Mass Effect before it starts getting good (every time I replay it, I wish I could skip the whole Citadel sequence).
    Weirdly that's probably the bit I like the most. The furthest I got was getting Liara, during my first play through on the 360. Never played that version again and eventually sold/traded it. Got it again on the PC during a Steam sale but I've yet to get that far again. I do all the start and Citadel bit then just stop after doing a couple of side missions. That may be part of the problem. I'm a completionist when it comes to side quests, I have to do all that I can and I usually try to do as many as I can before I get into a main questline.
  • I got bored trying to play and ordered a Tab.
  • Ah good ole Coolsome is back. Had us worried.
Add Comment