User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park:Trespasser remake game

posted by vagrantart on - last edited - Viewed by 22.5K users
Hey, For the last month or so I've been working on a remake of the Jurassic park game Trespasser in my spare time.I have been modelling and building Isla sorna/site B based loosely on the 1997 game and I am close to finishing the first section level of the environment.Below are some images of the starting point plane crash site and the foundations of the site B hotel.You can find out more info on my blog http://sharkswithjetpacks.blogspot.co.uk/ and feel free to comment/ask questions

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • thanks for the comments,here's some more shots from stuff I've been working on-
  • This looks amazing, really good job! How easy/hard is this to make? You've inspired me to try and make something myself. However, I'm a complete beginner at this kind of thing. How hard is this to learn? Can you recommend any sites that help new users of the software make games using Unity3d?
    How long did this take for your to design from scratch to the stage where your at now?
  • You can learn the basics of Unity (how to paint terrain,plants and environment) in about 2hrs easy,just by playing around.Its without a doubt the easiest game engine to learn.If you get the free version it has textures and some free plants and stuff with it but not many objects.You can find free stuff though (asset packs) that you just import.Within a day you will have the hang of all the basics stuff I think.The unity forums will help you out too.
    I think I started this a long while ago but in total i probably only spent just over a month on it,most of the time i was looking for nice quality trees and building my own models for the buildings and other objects.At the moment im working on some basic AI which is a little complex.

• very nice work mate look cool !
  • Thanks,Heres a look at a very basic AI test I've been working on (can't embed link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxHhA6yknuM
  • Lookin Good! I think that this will be the best Jurassic Park Game Ever!!! How did you ever make the T-rex animations? It looks so professional, Like someone from telltale made it, But BETTER!! keep it up!
  • I made the animations in Maya,really quick.There just for testing to make sure it would follow and attack,eventually I will get a better dinosaur model and make the animations a lot smoother and more detailed.The AI scripting is something I have no experience with,I got help with the actual scripts but this test was just me learning how to use them.
  • Well that's great! I don't think I could make the animations at all! Thanks for remaking this game, it really deserves a remake!!!
  • Are you using the original audio, completely rerecord it, or a mixture?
  • I would like to use the music from the films,maybe a mix of them though I think

Add Comment