User Avatar Image

Weight loss thread

posted by Jennifer Moderator on - last edited - Viewed by 529 users
I was debating posting this here for a while, since I've seen weight threads turned into troll posts too many times at other places. But, since I need to lose weight, and I like the idea of having an open thread on a forum even if no one else joins in (although it's always best to be part of a team on personal improvement things), and most of all, because most people on this forum seem like decent human beings, I decided to make one here. Please be nice, and don't troll this thread, but if you agree to be respectful, feel free to join in if you want. :)

I'm making it on a video game forum, both because I visit here the most, and because I'm losing weight with video game systems. Five years ago, I lost a bunch of weight walking and going to the gym, but my fibromyalgia got worse after that, and the medicine I was put on made me put it all back on. Now it seems that Kinect and Wii games are all I can do without getting myself in so much pain that I almost can't move (although I can't do much of them at a time).

I'll be doing mostly Kinect games (achievements are actually a nice incentive for me for this :)), but I'll be doing some Wii fitness games too I'm sure to provide variety.

Early this morning, I bought Kinect Labs: Junk Fu so that I'd have another game for Kinect Playfit besides Double Fine Happy Action Theater. :D I wasn't sure if it would be worth $2.50 since the other games in the Kinect Labs series are barely worth the price of nothing. I'm glad I bought it though, since it's really doing the job of getting me sweating without too much pain (the repetitive motions are a bit tough though, so I can only do one or two plays at a time).

So, anyway... not posting my weight, but I'll post my weight lost. It's my first day doing this. I'll post back tomorrow with any news about whether I lost anything or not.
25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm 170lb, my weight usually bounces between 150 -175 though it's slowly piling on as my work has crammed me into a stuffy office. I'm not a fan of running and all that, it's just not fun for me, i'm seeing about getting a standing desk and getting out to do more climbing, I work exercise into my routine or into something that i really wanna do, I seldom exercise just to exercise.

Also I try to double-jump in the corridors everytime on my way to to the loo or race people who took the lift to the top top-floor. Then I go home and fill my body with saturated fat.
    Secret Fawful;707844 said:
    I'm currently 110 pounds. I really wish I could gain some muscle, as I'm clearly underweight for my age, to the point where, when shaven, I can be mistaken for a young teen.
    Poop less I say.
  • I don't weigh myself often, but the last time I did was to try to donate blood at the hospital. They wouldn't let me, even after I offered to stand on the scale with my backpack still on.

Since then, I've been on a diet of pizza, just to prepare to donate blood before my first heart attack.
    6' tall and 230 lbs = obese? yea...much better system.
    By the way, that was sarcasm.
  • I think this might be the chart for women. Possibly younger women.

I know I'm firmly in the normal realm for my category on that chart.
  • I don't think BMI has male or female versions. That's just one of the reasons why it's an imperfect measure.
  • It does.

Here's a BMI chart for men. The "obese" point for a six foot tall man is three hundred pounds.
  • I love me some BMI but there's no way on Gods green earth my body frame will accommodate 180 lbs healthily.
  • Well, you'll notice that there's also a fat percentage portion there. I think it's a combination of weight and percentage of fat that you have to get in order to find out what's healthy.
  • Ahhh that makes more sense.
  • Alcoremortis;708661 said:
    It does.

Here's a BMI chart for men. The "obese" point for a six foot tall man is three hundred pounds.
    no... thats severely obese. Your chart still says 6 feet tall and 230 lbs is obese.
Add Comment