User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 78K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Journey to the centre of the Tardis is a pants name for an episode. Sure, it's a parody of the Jules Verne novel (presumably), but it's too long, and doesn't sound doctor who-y.
    Wow, that sounded nerdy.

I just hope that the tardis interior still looks like random corridors and rooms from around the bbc tv centre. I think there's a lot of potential to be had (Like them finding the wardrobe, and Matt donning the famous scarf. Maybe then they'll officially start selling the darn (or should I say yarn?) thing! But I'm not sure how they can really make a decent story out of it besides "We're lost!". Not that that's a decent story.
  • I don't know, the last story that was any kind of Tardis-centric episode was The Doctor's Wife, and that was pretty great overall. I think they could do something good in there. Not to mention that episode titles don't always give the most accurate impression of what the episode is about (for an example, see the first sentence of this post)
  • Sooo... what kind of running-around-inside-the-TARDIS strory is this going to be?

1) "The Invasion of Time" - wandering round and round and getting lost
    2) "The Enemy Within" (not the one that was filmed) - the Doctor goes to confront the great evil at the heart of the TARDIS
    3) "Heart of TARDIS" - deep in the TARDIS there is access to the nebulous realms from whcih you can get back to the TARDIS but in the past, and so potentially meet past Doctors
    4) One of Tom Baker's ideas - all the old Doctors still live in the bowels of the TARDIS ins ome way,shape or form.
  • I was wondering what that had to do with Doctor Who... and then I didn't.
  • Well James Bond is a timelord afterall. He's always changing his appearance, and he has an english accent.

That's about as far as my knowledge of bond films goes I'm afraid.
  • Friar;708266 said:
    Well James Bond is a timelord afterall. He's always changing his appearance, and he has an english accent.

That's about as far as my knowledge of bond films goes I'm afraid.
    There's a Doctor Who/James Bond comic floating around cyberspace. Not complete yet, but brilliant nonetheless.
  • Ah, but Time Lords are non violent, and Bond...
  • Epic Rap Battles of History: Doc Brown vs. Doctor Who
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7gvc_dsA&feature=g-u-u
    They don't seem to have totally wrapped their head around the concept of Doctor Who, but it's still pretty funny. He also really got David Tennant's mannerisms down pretty well, if not his voice.
Add Comment