User Avatar Image

A question about Savannah

posted by Vegztah on - last edited - Viewed by 648 users
So, out of pure curiosity, I'm wondering if the city of Savannah in-game resembles the city in real life? :-)
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They actually did a pretty good job of portraying Savannah. There's even an actual East Bay & Lincoln St. intersection.

However, they did make it look a bit more European and urbane than it actually is, and I doubt the sewer system looks like that or is actually that navigable.
  • User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    I lived in Savannah for 5 years so I was a big jerk making sure we got it as accurate as we could. Obviously some things need to change for gameplay reasons, but it's a really, really good facsimile. The building Molly hops down looks just like that (it's a hotel if I remember correctly) and the Talmadge bridge, river and buildings on the other side of the river are practically identical. I had to go congratulate the art guys for that one.

Although they didn't really want to high five me over what a stickler I had been for details earlier ;)
  • harrisonpink;708390 said:
    I lived in Savannah for 5 years so I was a big jerk making sure we got it as accurate as we could. Obviously some things need to change for gameplay reasons, but it's a really, really good facsimile. The building Molly hops down looks just like that (it's a hotel if I remember correctly) and the Talmadge bridge, river and buildings on the other side of the river are practically identical. I had to go congratulate the art guys for that one.

Although they didn't really want to high five me over what a stickler I had been for details earlier ;)
    and I take it the house is where you used to live in? :D
  • harrisonpink;708390 said:

You're totally right.

Take a look. I've found it. :D

My congratulations to the art team (they're doing an awesome job with the game) and to you, Harrison, for being so... insistent about the Savannah's details with the art team. :p

You should pay them some drinks and they'll forgive you, for sure. :D
  • Jake;709760 said:
    For whom the bell tolls, uh? ;) Awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

The house where the group stays exists too?
  • All that picture misses is a barricade of walkers.
  • There`s Crawford :))
  • QuarterPounderVlad;710892 said:
    All that picture misses is a barricade of walkers.
    This!
This discussion has been closed.