28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah I also loved the sneak peak of the flare gun (which is outdated now)

And the Civillian bobblehead was hillarious.
  • And you're right Dedlok, I just dug out my old Half LIfe 1 Gold boxing and was looking at the photos and wham.. there is the civ..
  • User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff
    That Confused 1;70314 said:
    Um, Valve did do Quake 1's Team Fortress or should I say the founding members of Valve. This is what got them foundation knowledge of Quake's code to do Half Life 1.
    Nope, Valve didn't have anything to do with the franchise until they acquired the Australian TF developers to work on TFC and the false-start of TF2.
  • Shauntron;70816 said:
    Nope, Valve didn't have anything to do with the franchise until they acquired the Australian TF developers to work on TFC and the false-start of TF2.

Hmm, Mr. Cook works for VALVe, considering this is the CORE team behind VAVLe currently, my statement still stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Shaun is right, though.

The guys who did Team Fortress 1, for Quakeworld, did that on their own as a free-time project, and then were hired at Valve as a result. Valve as a company had nothing to do with the initial creation of Team Fortress, but were smart enough to hire its developers to come work for them.
  • Hmmm, GAME (UK) has got the detials all wrong, it says it's made and published by EA!? Link.
  • User Avatar Image
    David E Telltale Alumni
    StrongMatt;71236 said:
    Hmmm, GAME (UK) has got the detials all wrong, it says it's made and published by EA!? Link.
    Ha, nice work, considering the box art they are using says "Valve" and nothing else. Maybe their data just auto-populates with EA Games as a default value. :)
  • StrongMatt;71236 said:
    Hmmm, GAME (UK) has got the detials all wrong, it says it's made and published by EA!? Link.
    Valve is owned by EA, so they did basically published TF2. Not developed though.
  • Are they? I've just had a quick check, but I can't see anything about it.
  • Orange+;71282 said:
    Valve is owned by EA, so they did basically published TF2. Not developed though.
    Erm... they're not owned by EA at all, actually. EA is their retail publisher on the orange box.
Add Comment