User Avatar Image

The Walkie-Talkie Problem

posted by aperose on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
So after watching many lps and then finally purchasing the game and playing for myself, I still am wondering where radio guy got the walkie. I know there's some theories that well maybe he didn't need the EXACT one of the set of Clem's to get in contact with her, maybe he could just be on the same frequency.

Well, my friend made a good point. When Clem's mom calls the house at first she is trying to get in touch with the babysitter to tell her to get Clem out of town. But then she is specifically talking to Clem and I have to wonder why she didn't try to contact her daughter through the walkie-talkie which means that they probably lost it or somehow left it behind with all the madness in Savannah/the hospital. Maybe radio guy found it because he heard someone's voice coming out of it (through her pretend talks) and decided to find out about who's on the other end. Maybe it is a very lonely guy who, after talking with Clem, realized he knew Lee or something about him? :confused:

Anyway I can't wait til we finally have some answers!!
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Stalking i think she was talking to him at the beginning of the episode since she was talking to it in ep.3 you even see her lips move.
  • KingOfTheDead;714774 said:
    Stalking i think she was talking to him at the beginning of the episode since she was talking to it in ep.3 you even see her lips move.
    she just pretending the whole time and it wasn't until the train she actually got a response, but of course i don't know this, but this is how it may have happened
  • thestalkinghead;714781 said:
    she just pretending the whole time and it wasn't until the train she actually got a response, but of course i don't know this, but this is how it may have happened
    We'll im just saying that because i noticed it and then it was said on the wiki
  • KingOfTheDead;714785 said:
    We'll im just saying that because i noticed it and then it was said on the wiki
    who writes the wiki anyway? and can you show me a link to the page?
  • heres where i read it which seems like im not the only person who noticed it.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Campman
  • KingOfTheDead;714808 said:
    heres where i read it which seems like im not the only person who noticed it.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Campman
    if i had written the wiki ;)

"In Episode 2: Starved for Help, Clementine is seen talking into her walkie-talkie. She says it's broken, but she likes pretending she is talking to her parents. It is likely that she was pretending to talk to her parents. Another instance of this also happened in the beginning of Episode 3: Long Road Ahead. She is seen talking into her walkie-talkie as Lee and Kenny return from their trip to the drug store."
  • It's safe to assume by this point that the radio was never broken but was simply not working because of the batteries. At the end of Ep 2, Carley or Doug hands Clem batteries that were found in the car and it's working from then on. From Ep 3, she is talking to Radiobastard.
  • Ninnuendo;714821 said:
    It's safe to assume by this point that the radio was never broken but was simply not working because of the batteries. At the end of Ep 2, Carley or Doug hands Clem batteries that were found in the car and it's working from then on. From Ep 3, she is talking to Radiobastard.
    it's safe to assume the batteries thing, but assuming the radio guy has been following us the whole time is a stretch (still possible) but not a safe bet

i think the whole its broken thing was to make us forget about it until the train
  • @thestalkinghead - interesting script of what could have happened. I'm starting to imagine radio guy being someone who has been obsessing over getting into contact with people through radios and hearing Clem's voice made him obsessed with her and with luring her people to him for company. Maybe the guy even remembers the story about Lee being a murderer like Larry did and thinks he can take better care of her.
  • aperose;714868 said:
    @thestalkinghead - interesting script of what could have happened. I'm starting to imagine radio guy being someone who has been obsessing over getting into contact with people through radios and hearing Clem's voice made him obsessed with her and with luring her people to him for company. Maybe the guy even remembers the story about Lee being a murderer like Larry did and thinks he can take better care of her.
    i tried to make it ambiguous so it would be interpreted in a good or bad way, mainly because its speculation and also because what we have actually heard him say could be interpreted in a good or bad way
This discussion has been closed.