Telltale Autumn Sale

the carly vs doug choice

edited November 2012 in The Walking Dead
im finished with episode 4 but title choice seems to confuse the devs..

considering u advertise her a person that knows lees past is one part but u say shes good with a gun

then u show doug with no combat skills advertised and is only good with technology

do seriously think this is a hard or even challenging choice?

the one with gun skills or the one without gun skills?

is what the choice comes down to whos ganna help me survive so thats kinda a hicup in the story imo

doug was a lost cause when u pretrayed him as the geek with no weapon skills
«1

Comments

  • edited November 2012
    im finished with episode 4 but title choice seems to confuse the devs..

    considering u advertise her a person that knows lees past is one part but u say shes good with a gun

    then u show doug with no combat skills advertised and is only good with technology

    do seriously think this is a hard or even challenging choice?

    the one with gun skills or the one without gun skills?

    is what the choice comes down to whos ganna help me survive so thats kinda a hicup in the story imo

    doug was a lost cause when u pretrayed him as the geek with no weapon skills

    actually I was playing on steam a few days ago and saved Carley and my stats said you and 49% saved/choose Carley. Seems like doug took a minute but now he's on top. Most people go with the women and children first kinda thing;)
  • edited November 2012
    Which means some doug fans with no life went out of their way to tip the scales.

    I don't know if I should be shocked or laughing. heh
  • edited November 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Which means some doug fans with no life went out of their way to tip the scales.

    I don't know if I should be shocked or laughing. heh

    both DreadMagus....both;)
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, I think I'll go with that both option. lol
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Which means some doug fans with no life went out of their way to tip the scales.

    I don't know if I should be shocked or laughing. heh

    Based on the amount of time people spend talking about Carley on forums, I don't know if Carley fans have lives either...

    We're all hopeless!
  • edited November 2012
    lol - also true.
  • edited November 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Based on the amount of time people spend talking about Carley on forums, I don't know if Carley fans have lives either...

    We're all hopeless!

    lmao all of us are hopeless:p

    anyways it proly has something to do with people doing multiple playthroughs to get the whole story, tho its not really possible until we have the end of said story. wish the end came out today. It's the only thing I wanna do;)
  • edited November 2012
    im finished with episode 4 but title choice seems to confuse the devs..

    considering u advertise her a person that knows lees past is one part but u say shes good with a gun

    then u show doug with no combat skills advertised and is only good with technology

    do seriously think this is a hard or even challenging choice?

    the one with gun skills or the one without gun skills?

    is what the choice comes down to whos ganna help me survive so thats kinda a hicup in the story imo

    doug was a lost cause when u pretrayed him as the geek with no weapon skills

    It wasn't even about that for me. Anyone can be taught how to shoot. I chose her because she can help repopulate the planet with HUMANS. hehe.
  • edited November 2012
    you also had a lot more dialog and interactions with Carley than you did with Doug.
  • edited November 2012
    I saved Doug on my first playthrough. I'M A REBEL!
  • edited November 2012
    Carly=Doug
  • edited November 2012
    I saved Doug because he seems like a better friend and overall person than Carley, and it's not like if you chose a person with no gun skills (He does shoot someone in Episode 3 though) it's game over, so I'm one of those people who are special :D

    NOTE - Doug fans don't whine every second about his death like Carley fans
  • edited November 2012
    You sir, are awesome.
  • edited November 2012
    NOTE - Doug fans don't whine every second about his death like Carley fans

    Plus, I've never seen a Doug fan talk about how bang-able Doug was.

    Doug seems like he was a great guy.

    ... I kinda look like Doug. I'm just saying.

    I still picked Carley though lol
  • edited November 2012
    Both doug and carley are good characters to me.

    For me, carley had a gun as well as was a woman (allows repopulation once the apocalypse is over...it's a normal thing to save the human race to put women and children first). While she did know your past she wasn't a bitch to you about it like lily, and while she seemsd a bit dumb (herpderp batteries) she could at least use a gun well.

    Doug showed to be very intelligent and clever, being able to even rig together a type of alarm system in episode 2. However for me the gun thing was a big deal. The group had few firearms themselves and wasting bullets to train someone to use a gun also didn't seem like a good idea to me. Especially without a safe haven like the prison or a moving train that walkers couldn't attack you on anyway. (With clementine at least we were on the train, and she's basically turned into your daughter at that point so it just seemed normal to teach her how to survive)
  • edited November 2012
    The only reason I chose Carley 2/3 times was because she was the only way I could reveal my past to the group.
  • edited November 2012
    Only reason I chose Carley was because she killed a few zombies. I think on my Doug playthrough he killed like 1 or 2 bandits. But when it comes down to survival Carley killed a hell of a lot more zombies than Doug did. That and Doug ate 1/2 the basket of biscuits in ep2 before he got back to the hotel. For that alone I am glad he died.

    When it comes down to morality and numbers.. Carley was a zombie killing warrior. While Doug was a biscuit eating selfish bastard. :) Glad he is dead.
  • edited November 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    Based on the amount of time people spend talking about Carley on forums, I don't know if Carley fans have lives either...

    We're all hopeless!

    NOOO!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    hope has been lost :(
  • K0t0K0t0 Banned
    edited November 2012
    !0BJECTION!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9PoBlFDp4

    you are all FOOLS. Tell me....when was the scenario ever...SAVING Doug or carley?

    *You all gasp in shock and your idiocy*

    Exactly *smirk*, you arent suppose to know that one would die, all of you who use the "X is more useful" argument are not allowed in this discussion, for you have shown that you have cheated.

    *Palm desk*

    So, we have established that the scenario is 'Who do you HELP'.
    *Final pose before victory statement that none of you can possibly rebuttle*
    You carley lubbers have stated "Carley is more capable than Doug"
    Well then...if shes more capable...*Points at those guilty of saving Carley*
    Then WHY did you help her instead of Doug??
    * You all gasp once again as I smirk, my victory theme plays*
    Exactly, if she is as capable as you say, then if you were a decent human being you would have helped DOUG, in your belief that she could handle herself.

    *Judge settles argument in favour of me, having pointed out your flawed arguments in one fell swoop*

    in closing, you cant possibly play Lee as a good guy if you chose to help Carley over poor lil Doug.

    The only people exempt from my epic pwnage are:
    1. people who were abled (i.e possess average intelligence) to already know my argument
    2. people who acknowledge that they wanted Doug to die without having cheated (a small minority of you)
    3. Those of you who admit that you chose to save her cuz she might bang you

    The fact of matter is, most of you only saved her cuz of tits.

    Game. Set. Match.
  • edited November 2012
    You kind of owe Carley. She saves your ass and clementines while all Doug does is keep watch and help you save that bastard Larry in the get the keys to the pharmacy quest
  • edited November 2012
    You kind of owe Carley. She saves your ass and clementines while all Doug does is keep watch and help you save that bastard Larry in the get the keys to the pharmacy quest

    Doug yells at you to hurry up and gets all the walkers' attention to Lee.
  • edited November 2012
    Did anyone choose to save neither: what happened then?

    Incidentally, I have to admit: I went with tits...x
  • edited November 2012
    Save doug!
  • edited November 2012
    Who?
  • edited November 2012
    Firearms skills beat tech skills in that situation, in my opinion. Doug himself says that he can't do much of anything technical-wise in episode 2 because he simply doesn't have the parts for it, whereas all Carley needs are a few bullets.

    One shot, one kill.
  • edited November 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Who?
    If you don't know who Doug is then you should replay Episode 1, how bad of a memory do you HAVE?
  • edited November 2012
    lol
  • edited November 2012
    LGThomas wrote: »
    Did anyone choose to save neither: what happened then?

    Incidentally, I have to admit: I went with tits...x

    If you save neither by doing nothing you die
  • edited November 2012
    If you don't know who Doug is then you should replay Episode 1, how bad of a memory do you HAVE?

    It's purely selective - plausible deniability.
  • edited November 2012
    Oh he's just bitter. Pay him no mind.
  • edited November 2012
    K0t0 wrote: »
    !0BJECTION!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9PoBlFDp4

    you are all FOOLS. Tell me....when was the scenario ever...SAVING Doug or carley?

    *You all gasp in shock and your idiocy*

    Exactly *smirk*, you arent suppose to know that one would die, all of you who use the "X is more useful" argument are not allowed in this discussion, for you have shown that you have cheated.

    *Palm desk*

    So, we have established that the scenario is 'Who do you HELP'.
    *Final pose before victory statement that none of you can possibly rebuttle*
    You carley lubbers have stated "Carley is more capable than Doug"
    Well then...if shes more capable...*Points at those guilty of saving Carley*
    Then WHY did you help her instead of Doug??
    * You all gasp once again as I smirk, my victory theme plays*
    Exactly, if she is as capable as you say, then if you were a decent human being you would have helped DOUG, in your belief that she could handle herself.

    *Judge settles argument in favour of me, having pointed out your flawed arguments in one fell swoop*

    in closing, you cant possibly play Lee as a good guy if you chose to help Carley over poor lil Doug.

    The only people exempt from my epic pwnage are:
    1. people who were abled (i.e possess average intelligence) to already know my argument
    2. people who acknowledge that they wanted Doug to die without having cheated (a small minority of you)
    3. Those of you who admit that you chose to save her cuz she might bang you

    The fact of matter is, most of you only saved her cuz of tits.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Woah, cool your jets there Rambo, these are nice people.
  • edited November 2012
    A man who can fix stuff and make useful safety defences and alarm systems is more valuable than anyone who can use a gun
    Everyone can use guns
  • edited November 2012
    But not everyone can score a headshot - which is the only way to kill a walker - with each bullet.
  • edited November 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    But not everyone can score a headshot - which is the only way to kill a walker - with each bullet.

    Still even Clem
    who is just a little girl can get a headshot and save lives
    I still think it is more unique and honestly I could barely tell the difference between Lilly and Carley in episode 1
  • edited November 2012
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    Still even Clem
    who is just a little girl can get a headshot and save lives
    I still think it is more unique and honestly I could barely tell the difference between Lilly and Carley in episode 1

    i had the same problem at first i think it may be the frown expression they both used
  • edited November 2012
    I think they wanted Carley knowing your secrect to be a strike against her, since by saving Doug Carley couldn't spill the beans down the line at a bad time.
  • edited November 2012
    See, that just nails it. Men suck at killing zombies.

    Unless you're the main character.

    Carley?
    Check.
    Lilly?
    Check.
    Clem?
    Check.
    Molly?
    Check.

    Kenny?
    Lulwut?
    Larry?
    rofl.
    Ben?
    Beeach, plz.
    Mark?
    Not that I recall.

    Edit: Now that I've typed that up and re-read it... I don't like it. We need more male zombie killing badasses.....
  • edited November 2012
    carley was more useful and had a much bigger mission than doug (she helped save glenn) she even saved duck.
  • edited November 2012
    It is all on preferences. in my opinion, I thought since Lily was in in the military or something she could teach everyone how to use a gun or they already knew. Doug was the only one who was a tech expert. I went with diversity. Plus, Carlys story of how Doug saved her showed he could be heroic when needed.
  • edited November 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    But not everyone can score a headshot - which is the only way to kill a walker - with each bullet.

    Lee can, Clementime can, Kenny can, just about everyone could. No one could do the stuff Doug could.

    Plus it is stupid to shoot, melee is what you need to use.
This discussion has been closed.