User Avatar Image

Hey, Um, What About Us?

posted by Störtebeker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
While the games on gog are drm-free knows anyone if Telltale maybe will also make the games drm-free here? Last time I searched the forum for this topic I had the feeling that there wasn't any plans nor some large demand for such a move.

I know that some or maybe all the free cd-versions are drm-free, but to avoid the shipping costs I would really prefer the same for the digital versions.
84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Terpor;718284 said:
    instead of banning people and removing all the death to DRM discussions
    Too bad they have no CD-Keys to track such a thing.
  • I think that's a pretty good idea, myself, assuming it's feasible. Having said that, considering that Telltale's actually nice and the DRM is generally unobtrusive, I don't mind their DRM in my games.
  • ted12;718319 said:
    I think that's a pretty good idea, myself, assuming it's feasible. Having said that, considering that Telltale's actually nice and the DRM is generally unobtrusive, I don't mind their DRM in my games.
    It's somewhat feasible, since all the games up to and including Poker Night have activation keys.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Terpor;718284 said:
    I think Telltale should follow CDProjekt's and GOG.COM footsteps and do this
    http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

instead of banning people and removing all the death to DRM discussions
    I'd post that disorientation picture again, but it gets old fast.

Asking for DRM free products has never ever gotten anyone a ban or a deleted thread here. It's just the pirates themselves and the pro piracy people that fly out of here in a heartbeat.
  • ted12;718319 said:
    I think that's a pretty good idea, myself, assuming it's feasible. Having said that, considering that Telltale's actually nice and the DRM is generally unobtrusive, I don't mind their DRM in my games.
    In Walking Dead being connected to the net at least makes things interesting, what with getting the stats on global player choices at the end. I can deal with DRM if it can do something fun and/or useful.
  • Vainamoinen;718400 said:
    I'd post that disorientation picture again, but it gets old fast.
    Shouldn't have wasted it on me then.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;718436 said:
    Shouldn't have wasted it on me then.
    It was a kindness; you were desperately in need.
  • Rather Dashing;717961 said:
    Off the top of my head...

Unknown

Back to the Future(haven't ordered my DVD for some reason, presumed DRM-free)
    Why not?! :D:D
    Walking Dead(disc isn't EVER coming out)
    Okay, I'm serious this time. Why aren't they going to have a TWD disc?
  • Chyron8472;718501 said:
    Okay, I'm serious this time. Why aren't they going to have a TWD disc?
    They are. Just console exclusive and isn't free for buyers... yeah.
  • I'm pretty sure there will be a PC retail disc in Germany too.
Add Comment