User Avatar Image

Disney Buys Lucasfilm (and other stories)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 20.6K users
...and, by extension, LucasArts (since that's what we all really care about, I know).

http://www.benzinga.com/news/12/10/3039512/disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-for-4-05b-in-cash-and-stock

I know, with the likes of Star Wars and Indiana Jones being snatched up, the LA catalogue probably isn't a big priority but I wonder what this could mean for the future of some of our favorite adventure games?

Could a Monkey Island theme park ride be in our future? Hmm.
681 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • BlankCanvasDJ;718585 said:
    Robot.
    SpongeBob: Just like the robot in the movie. He couldn't cry either.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;718585 said:
    Robot.
    Yeah, the movie does seem like it was spit out by a robot. It was about as sincere and heartfelt as a Hallmark commercial.
  • manipulating your feels in the cheapest way possible doesn't make a good movie.
  • Giant Tope;718616 said:
    manipulating your feels in the cheapest way possible doesn't make a good movie.
    You and Dashing are both pretty knowledgeable about manipulating feels so you'd know.
  • Rather Dashing;718594 said:
    Yeah, the movie does seem like it was spit out by a robot. It was about as sincere and heartfelt as a Hallmark commercial.
    All I can think of is this
  • LuigiHann;718672 said:
    Someday, I wanna be that guy. But only for a day. Then I want to go back to liking shitty things.
  • LuigiHann;718672 said:
    That guy is scum and he should know this. I don't care how much he's liked, I'll point out every flaw until your opinion of him is ruined.
  • LuigiHann;718672 said:
    So spot on it's ridiculous.
  • Rather Dashing;718594 said:
    As opposed to the toys getting put in the attic and then sold in a garage sale 10 years later? If Andy had kept them long enough to give to his kids, I'm not sure how well that would go.

Did your dad give you all of his old toys? Would you have appreciated them the way he'd want you to?

I don't see the problem with the ending how it is. The question about their ultimate fate which is posed at the beginning of the movie remains no matter the ending. The point I think they're making is to appreciate what you have now because soon it will be gone; and that even if you know that the end for you will come someday, it's good to spend what time we have now with friends.

That doesn't sound tacked on to me.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Secret Fawful;718114 said:
    I want something special.I want a director I can't immediately tell what they'd do.
    Kevin Smith? :D
Add Comment