User Avatar Image

Disney Buys Lucasfilm (and other stories)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 20.3K users
...and, by extension, LucasArts (since that's what we all really care about, I know).

http://www.benzinga.com/news/12/10/3039512/disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-for-4-05b-in-cash-and-stock

I know, with the likes of Star Wars and Indiana Jones being snatched up, the LA catalogue probably isn't a big priority but I wonder what this could mean for the future of some of our favorite adventure games?

Could a Monkey Island theme park ride be in our future? Hmm.
681 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just have no idea at what point they plan on picking this up again for 7,8,9. I mean seriously, all the main characters are too old now to reprise their roles. so what are they going to do, jump ahead a generation? Even if they did, Mark Hamill has said he would never be interested in doing another Star Wars.
  • Shadowknight1;720381 said:
    The wha?

Seriously, I don't read past the Hand of Thrawn duology. They killed Chewie. It doesn't deserve to be read.
    Yes, yes it does. That was one of the very best and most dramatic moments in any Star Wars novel. He was given a hero's death like nobody else's, and everything that came of it made sense and was dramatically poignant. Yeah, they could totally have kept Chewie around doing random adventure bullshit that he'd done before, but one of the biggest problems with Star Wars EU material is the fucking stagnant nature of it all.
  • coolsome;720388 said:
    I hope it went something like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsTO57M3KgA
    More like this
  • Jokieman;720385 said:
    I just have no idea at what point they plan on picking this up again for 7,8,9. I mean seriously, all the main characters are too old now to reprise their roles.
    ...why? People don't age in the Star Wars universe? What's wrong with it taking place 30 years later?
  • BlankCanvasDJ;720414 said:
    ...why? People don't age in the Star Wars universe? What's wrong with it taking place 30 years later?

Any other questions?
  • Yeah. That's what happens when people age.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;720445 said:
    Yeah. That's what happens when people age.
    No.
    This is how normal people age.

Carrie Fisher is how people age when they binge on alcohol and drugs. And Mark Hamill's only slightly better off, but that car wreck messed his face up. Harrison's in the best shape of the three.
  • Ok man, Sean Connery is not how normal people age. You'll learn that yourself in a few decades.

Also, the difference between the way you look at 27 and 56 (Carrie Fisher in RotJ and now) is a lot wider than between 59 and 79 (Sean Connery in those pics). Case in point: Sean Connery at 27 vs. Sean Connery at 56. Most people visibly age the most in their 40s and 50s.

My point is, Carrie Fisher looks the way Princess Leia probably would have looked 30 years later.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;720466 said:
    Ok man, Sean Connery is not how normal people age. You'll learn that yourself in a few decades.

Also, the difference between the way you look at 27 and 56 (Carrie Fisher in RotJ and now) is a lot wider than between 59 and 79 (Sean Connery in those pics). Case in point: Sean Connery at 27 vs. Sean Connery at 56. Most people visibly age the most in their 40s and 50s.

My point is, Carrie Fisher looks the way Princess Leia probably would have looked 30 years later.

Because in Star Wars Princess Leia apparently went on an Ewok eating binge, and didn't stay away from the death sticks.

Looks like the whole village got eaten. :(
Add Comment