User Avatar Image

When will Fables be released?

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 6.9K users
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/telltales-walking-dead-game-going-gold-soon-fables-planned-for-q3/
In related news, Connors also offered me an update on the progress of Telltale’s work on an adventure game adaptation of Bill Willingham’s Fables comic book series. It’s still very much happening and it’s actually a lot further along than you might think. The recent focus of Telltale’s press campaigning has not surprisingly been on The Walking Dead, but we’ll be seeing Fables very soon. In fact, the plan is to launch the game this year in Q3.

Expect to see Fables makes its first appearance at or around E3, with another look to follow, appropriately enough, at San Diego Comic-Con in July. Connors told me that there’s still some question as to what the title will be, as Fables fall close to a certain other, familiar franchise. The developer set Fables for a Q1 2012 release in an announcement early last year (via Joystiq), but it seems that those plans have changed.
62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm still sticking with my theory..in a recent interview with one of the walking dead game designers (about a month ago) they said the Fables team was itching to get their game out there.. They may not have a full green light with huge numbers on the team for launch but surely, pre-production, main storyline for 5 episodes fleshed out, concept artwork, art style, all this stuff should be done by now.
  • Vainamoinen;720226 said:
    Sooo... this is a mod thread right now? :cool:
    No we are just the only ones who seem interested in this.. :p
  • I'm interested (and not a mod)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Hero1;720919 said:
    I'm still sticking with my theory..in a recent interview with one of the walking dead game designers (about a month ago) they said the Fables team was itching to get their game out there.. They may not have a full green light with huge numbers on the team for launch but surely, pre-production, main storyline for 5 episodes fleshed out, concept artwork, art style, all this stuff should be done by now.
    I agree, definitely, and like I said they probably already have an episode one prototype up and working already (and possibly more, depending on how close they are to releasing it). You can't do a whole game with a small team, but you can definitely do the basics . :)
    Molokov;720950 said:
    I'm interested (and not a mod)
    Yay! That's reassuring. :)
  • Didn't know about TellTale at all before The Walking Dead, and now I'm a big fan, so I'm probably gonna give this game a go!
  • When do you think, that we can expect this game?

And yes I'm interested to. If nothing else, it is good intertainment while wating for the first announcement of TWD S02:)
  • Maybe in January 2013?
  • So now that TWD is done, should we start a Fables Episode 1 release date guessing thread? :D

I'm hoping for January 2013, but I don't know if that's just me being optimistic. Does anyone remember how much of a gap there was between Telltale's previous titles?
  • They gotta get something out for Christmas. As I've said before, The Walking Dead isn't very Christmas-y.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    WarpSpeed;731618 said:
    They gotta get something out for Christmas. As I've said before, The Walking Dead isn't very Christmas-y.
    You tell 'em!! :D
Add Comment