User Avatar Image

Would you play again from the beginning just to do things different?

posted by Clemsprotector on - last edited - Viewed by 804 users
Just to make different choices and achieve new results?
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No. I am dong the decisions that are my own and I want to live with them.
  • It is a lot of fun replaying it and making different decisions!
  • I currently am, actually. I want a playthrough with no one joining in episode 5.
  • Jokieman;716641 said:
    Nah, I won't. Reason being is that I don't feel the choices make ENOUGH of a difference to bother doing it again. if the differences were greater then I would.
    This.
  • Choice is meaningless if you go back and redo stuff all the time.

I mean sure do another try when you complete the entire games.

Buts its like in games like Deus ex, pick something and stick with that decision. Thats part of what makes choice cool, that you have to live with the consequences of that choice.

Not to mention when you start to redo episodes and such for choices, the illusion really starts to crack, because you can see just how little your choices actually matter. It just worsens the experience.
  • I will have a fucking convulsion to play ep 5, the days are going fucking slow already omfg!
  • I'm gonna have to! I'm not going to have a new PC in time so I've downloaded all the episodes on XBL and plan on ploughing through them before Wednesday's release.
  • I already have, but due to game problems and corrupted saves.
  • Master of Aeons;721393 said:
    I currently am, actually. I want a playthrough with no one joining in episode 5.
    I have already achieved that haha. Douchebag Lee is now a complete loner.
  • RMJ1984;723107 said:
    Choice is meaningless if you go back and redo stuff all the time.

I mean sure do another try when you complete the entire games.

Buts its like in games like Deus ex, pick something and stick with that decision. Thats part of what makes choice cool, that you have to live with the consequences of that choice.

Not to mention when you start to redo episodes and such for choices, the illusion really starts to crack, because you can see just how little your choices actually matter. It just worsens the experience.
    You make a good point actually and might do that for season 2. But the wait between episodes is so long that I just wanted to go back and see what happened if I done things differently. I was intrigued. I currently have my good Lee and douchebag Lee up to episode 5 now. I did start a silent Lee playthrough on the 3rd save slot, but I'm still on episode 1.
This discussion has been closed.