User Avatar Image

Hard Christmas time

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
This will be my first ever Christmas with out my Grandma and its really hard and I know there are a lot of members who have lost someone this past year. So I thought I should make a thread where we could support and or vent our feelings about Christmas when everyone is all :D for the holiday and its hard to show your sad or depressed when ppl are psyched for it.
59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • coolsome;724067 said:
    And that is the story of Easter!

or more likely some random pagan festival.
    Fun fact: Easter in Old English is Eostre/Ostara, which is the name of a Germanic pagan goddess of the spring. Also, eggs and hares are both fertility symbols associated with pagan spring celebrations, hence we get Easter eggs and the Easter bunny.
  • Jen Kollic;724425 said:
    Fun fact: Easter in Old English is Eostre/Ostara, which is the name of a Germanic pagan goddess of the spring. Also, eggs and hares are both fertility symbols associated with pagan spring celebrations, hence we get Easter eggs and the Easter bunny.
    So if someone gives you an Easter Egg, it means they want your babies? That's a new spin on things.
  • Just don't ask what it means when they give you a stuffed rabbit...
  • Darth Marsden;724426 said:
    So if someone gives you an Easter Egg, it means they want your babies? That's a new spin on things.
    My parents are disgusting!
  • der_ketzer;724419 said:
    you're being over the top then and silly.
  • der_ketzer;724306 said:
    Umm. Isn't that irrelevant for a fictional character?
    “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
    ― St. Thomas Aquinas
  • I've always been more of a Joan of Arc fan. Because she was pretty awesome and has the best quotes:

"You say that you are my judge. I do not know if you are! But I tell you that you must take good care not to judge me wrongly, because you will put yourself in great danger."

Also, Mark Twain liked her enough to write a whole book about her. If that doesn't validate her as an awesome person, I don't know what does.
  • Alcoremortis;724223 said:
    Actually, weren't his last words something more like "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit?"
    If you’ve read all of the gospels, then both are said to be his last words. It was either that or he just died after drinking vinegar or that he just simply died.
  • Noname215;742578 said:
    If you’ve read all of the gospels, then both are said to be his last words. It was either that or he just died after drinking vinegar or that he just simply died.
    As I said previously, they were probably more on the order of "Arrggghhh..." But they couldn't just write that in the Bible because it sounds rotten.
  • His last words were "Psych, you're all a computer simulation from the future and I'm an advanced sentient AI, time to attain god mode" but they didn't know what that meant or how to write it in Hebrew.
Add Comment