Telltale Autumn Sale

Did Kenny? (Ep.5)

edited February 2013 in The Walking Dead
Does Kenny die when you don't save Ben at crawford? From what I'm hearing he dies either way. If that's the case how does Kenny go?

Comments

  • edited November 2012
    I have a nagging feeling that, since Telltale played the 'you-don't-see-him-die' card in my play-through, we might see him in Season 2.
  • edited November 2012
    SonnyN18 wrote: »
    Does Kenny die when you don't save Ben at crawford? From what I'm hearing he dies either way. If that's the case how does Kenny go?

    I have heard that Christa is going to be the one who takes the place of Ben's falling and Ken will try to save her and presumably dies.

    From my playthrough I have a strong feeling that Ken knows that she is pregnant the moment she looks at her belly.

    I think the game is trying to show you that Kenny is actually a good guy.
  • edited November 2012
    ...I sure hope he's going to show up in Season 2. As iosepusmagus stated, the you don't see him die card gives hope. Whoop.
  • edited November 2012
    I have no hope...I believe he did died. Especially considering the groan you hear in the background of the zombies chowing down. You hear a person going uh uh uhh like they're dying slowly but not loudly...i think Kenny didnt make it.
  • edited November 2012
    What happens when Lee goes alone...who then dies? :P
  • edited November 2012
    Araron wrote: »
    What happens when Lee goes alone...who then dies? :P

    Doesn't matter at all who you take with you.
  • edited November 2012
    My last screen told me, that he died in a alleyway in Savannah. But I have to say, maybe he is still alive. I didn´t saw his body so....
  • edited November 2012
    Christa jumps in a hole to get the walkie Lee dropped after Kenny accidentally pushed him. Christa couldn't make it out so Kenny jumped in, helped her up and disappeared into the darkness with a hell of a lot of walkers on his tail and then you just hear Kenny scream.
  • edited November 2012
    If he ended up surviving, he wouldn't have said 'Get off me'.
  • edited November 2012
    In the end tally it says that he died
  • edited November 2012
    you didn't see him die in mine, but I assume he died, how would he survive?
  • edited November 2012
    Christa jumps in a hole to get the walkie Lee dropped after Kenny accidentally pushed him. Christa couldn't make it out so Kenny jumped in, helped her up and disappeared into the darkness with a hell of a lot of walkers on his tail and then you just hear Kenny scream.

    What if you say to leave it?
  • edited November 2012
    SnoopdogRL wrote: »
    In the end tally it says that he died

    I don't recall it saying he died... It says "He was LOST to the herd trying to save Christa/Ben"

    It's not really clear in what context lost is being used... Lost from the group or lost by death. Every other character who has died mentions death, but not really for Kenny.

    I hope he's still alive
  • edited November 2012
    I have no hope...I believe he did died. Especially considering the groan you hear in the background of the zombies chowing down. You hear a person going uh uh uhh like they're dying slowly but not loudly...i think Kenny didnt make it.

    Uh uh uh? Zombies make a sound like that.
  • edited November 2012
    Although honestly,I find the way Kenny died trying to get Christa up kinda lame.While Ben's was great and dramatic,here I kinda fell Telltale was trying to force Kenny's death.They could've get Christa up.There were a bunch of wooden planks and stuff,they could've figured out something,but,alright. :)
  • edited November 2012
    Really? I thought the exact opposite. Kenny "sacrifices himself" for the kid that has a bar of steal in his stomach? So forced. Instead of shooting Ben and getting out he pushes Lee, lock the door and 2 seconds later kill Ben anyway. Thank god my first playthrough was killing Ben at Crawford...
  • edited February 2013
    I have a nagging feeling that, since Telltale played the 'you-don't-see-him-die' card in my play-through, we might see him in Season 2.
    I don't see Kenny being in season 2. Season 1 ended with Clementine in the country side moving away from the city. Lee made plans with both Clementine and Christa to go to the country side but made no plans with Kenny. Kenny was last seen in city and no arrangements were made for him to meet up in the country side before he died. I think the next season will be set in a different location from the city and like Lee Kenny will remain in Savannah. Telltale will probably want to establish new characters in season 2 instead of forcing unrealistic way for previous characters to coincidentally cross paths with Clementine. At least Clementine seeing Christa would be believable since Lee gave her advice on how to find them and could advise both Christa and Clementine to go to the country side.
  • edited February 2013
    Say if kenny did make it out of the walker filled ally way and walkers were coming from both sides and no man hole ( from view ) and no ladders/ escape route. There is no way he would survive on his own in that overrun city.

    in my mind anybody who manages to survive in that city and not been shown to escape is dead. Christa and omid are a special case for me because they're my 2 new faves ( Carley and katjaa were my original faves )

    Tyreese had a hammer. Kenny didnt have anything if he had a hammer and the will to go on he would have of made it.

    if you drop ben kenny goes in the building we dont know if there was a door or ladders there. His ' final words ' could be him pushing a door closed while walkers are trying to break it down and the door leads to stairs? Or maybe kenny just got eaten and went silently.

    If you dropped ben he should be alive in season 2?
    If you saved him he should be dead?

    Or the other way around? Karma? right now telltale are making kennys death debatable so they can use him in season 2.

    EDIT: sorry if it doesnt make much sense im just so tired i never sleep much.
  • edited February 2013
    some nice and nasty theories here :)
  • edited February 2013
    Kenny's probable deaths were a mixed bag, the one with Christa in the room is more legitimate heroism than for Ben, while the alternate with Ben is more of an excuse for suicide (which isn't necessarily worse, but very different).

    The drawback to the Christa one is you don't get that final through the fence conversation with him, although the one on the rooftops where he talks about his regrets is still good, but you don't get a goodbye.
  • edited February 2013
    Honestly, I believe that Kenny probably made it. Well, depending on the ending, and what not- your choices. Because from what I hear, your choices will still carry-on over to Season two, no?
    So, I believe that due to my choices (practically Lee and Kenny were as tight as tight could be by the time of his death) that Kenny may have made it. I dunno. Maybe I'm stupid. Meh.
    But I know that the whole 'heroism' act that Kenny had was justified, due to the one fact of how Ben goes off whenever Kenny continues to blame him for everything.
    I mean; think about it like this. He thought about what Ben said there for a moment, not as a dude who hated the kid, but as a dad. That's what I believe. I think he may or may have not put Duck in the kids situation, thinking: "...Shit, that would be terrible.."
    So with his act of heroism, I believe he was trying to make up for it, and all that. Christa and them? Well, I only kinda liked one, and that was Omid. I really don't understand Kenny going: "HELL WELP I'LL DO IT."

    But, with the act of him killing Ben (which is why you hear the gunshot) and then just... silence? I believe he may have survived there. Hell, you never know. I know Lee has to go through the swarm of zombies on the road with nothing but a meat-cleaver, so Kenny may very well have had his own 'hardass' moment and survived. Y'never know.

    And yeah, just because the game SAID Kenny died, I wanna take a step-back and go to other games that have done that: Metal Gear Solid, the whole series was like: "WELP BIG BOSS IS DEAD" and then suddenly "JUST KIDDING".
    I can't really think of other games right now that do that, but some have.

    Just because they say something's one thing, doesn't mean they can't go: "Well, shit, the fans love him, why can't we bring him back? Doesn't show him die. Who's even gonna pay attention to a little bit of text at the end of the game?"

    That's my opinion. I think Kenny may have made it. I hope he did.
  • edited July 2013
    I played through at least 3 tines and Kenny is the only character in the whole game you don't see die what's everyone thought on that ?
  • edited July 2013
    I played through at least 3 tines and Kenny is the only character in the whole game you don't see die what's everyone thought on that ?

    So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?
  • edited July 2013
    stevean2 wrote: »
    So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?

    Probably right before a game over screen? I don't know about Christa and Omid, but Clementine can die and you start the scene over.
  • edited July 2013
    Dildor wrote: »
    Probably right before a game over screen? I don't know about Christa and Omid, but Clementine can die and you start the scene over.

    So you mean non-canon death scenes? yeah.. Kenny can die. You know when the mansion is over run? he can die there if you dont push the walker off fast enough.
  • edited July 2013
    stevean2 wrote: »
    So we saw Clementine, Christa and Omid die? When?

    I think he means out of all the characters that died, Kenny was the only one off screen
  • edited July 2013
    he dies to save christa. you can see it on youtube.
  • edited August 2013
    .___
    @...V;
    P: :|
    .___"d `~" P.
    .@ .."W d;
    :P' "d j# man i hope tell tale brings kenny back
    \@`_#f ~ W.
    " #; .@.",
    P. Pj n|
    @. #; ":
    n; ~ mZ :;
    M. .# f.
    ___.f# .". .d
    ." ": ."; ;f
    .____P L. : jh
    h " | \" ;Y
    "P | .nm -j: :P.
    W .n .Y
    Z #8.
    .P 'Z
    `f fj
    ": :d
    :p P;
    `v -l'
  • edited August 2013
    Araron wrote: »
    What happens when Lee goes alone...who then dies? :P


    After you go you come back to the house. You regroup to look for clementine since the boat plan is screwed. THEN the events occur.
  • edited August 2013
    goodguy211 wrote: »
    Honestly, I believe that Kenny probably made it. Well, depending on the ending, and what not- your choices. Because from what I hear, your choices will still carry-on over to Season two, no?
    So, I believe that due to my choices (practically Lee and Kenny were as tight as tight could be by the time of his death) that Kenny may have made it. I dunno. Maybe I'm stupid. Meh.
    But I know that the whole 'heroism' act that Kenny had was justified, due to the one fact of how Ben goes off whenever Kenny continues to blame him for everything.
    I mean; think about it like this. He thought about what Ben said there for a moment, not as a dude who hated the kid, but as a dad. That's what I believe. I think he may or may have not put Duck in the kids situation, thinking: "...Shit, that would be terrible.."
    So with his act of heroism, I believe he was trying to make up for it, and all that. Christa and them? Well, I only kinda liked one, and that was Omid. I really don't understand Kenny going: "HELL WELP I'LL DO IT."

    But, with the act of him killing Ben (which is why you hear the gunshot) and then just... silence? I believe he may have survived there. Hell, you never know. I know Lee has to go through the swarm of zombies on the road with nothing but a meat-cleaver, so Kenny may very well have had his own 'hardass' moment and survived. Y'never know.

    And yeah, just because the game SAID Kenny died, I wanna take a step-back and go to other games that have done that: Metal Gear Solid, the whole series was like: "WELP BIG BOSS IS DEAD" and then suddenly "JUST KIDDING".
    I can't really think of other games right now that do that, but some have.

    Just because they say something's one thing, doesn't mean they can't go: "Well, shit, the fans love him, why can't we bring him back? Doesn't show him die. Who's even gonna pay attention to a little bit of text at the end of the game?"

    That's my opinion. I think Kenny may have made it. I hope he did.

    yknow the saying. nobody ever truly dies in media, there's always a way to bring a popular character back.
  • edited August 2013
    Not really, if this was a DC comic then anyone and everyone could come back, but not here, Kenny is the only person who has a chance to come back, nobody else that is dead is coming back.
  • edited August 2013
    I hope that he survives, because it would set up an interesting reunion between him, Clementine, Christa, and Omid.
This discussion has been closed.