User Avatar Image

Microsoft announces South Park game for XBLA. Could it be? [Nope :)]

posted by Harald B on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users
At E3, Microsoft announced a South Park game for XBLA - without mentioning the developer. Here's a (somewhat lame) teaser trailer. Could this be the "mystery franchise" we've been speculating about?
With no gameplay images and no additional information it's hard to tell, but it would certainly fit like a glove. It's as huge as implied, it would explain the secrecy and the license would fit Telltale well. Also, XBLA suits episodic (no confirmation yet on this one being episodic, though) and we know Telltale doesn't like to be bound to any single distribution platform.
It's still speculation, but it's easily the most plausible theory so far.
48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I actually thought that when I was watching E3. I really hate South Park anyway, so thanks for settling my thoughts Emily!
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Like everything else Telltale-related, we'll definitely update the forums and the blogs when a real announcement happens. Emily and I are usually champing at the bit to tell you guys everything, so the moment any cat is officially out of any bag, we'll be rushing to spread the news.
  • Emily;72569 said:
    I would love to make a South Park game. But no, this one isn't ours.
    Arrrr! You've ruined christmas for everyone!

In other news, does anyone know what WiiWare games have been released today?
  • Jake;72592 said:
    so the moment any cat is officially out of any bag, we'll be rushing to spread the news.

So... spill. :D
  • StrongMatt;72679 said:
    In other news, does anyone know what WiiWare games have been released today?
    There was some eating contest game released. Yes, I'm serious.
  • ShaggE;72688 said:

So... spill. :D
    but that cat is still half in the bag....
  • ShaggE;72555 said:
    That'd be epic. I'm one of the 5 people who actually liked the N64 SP games :p
    South Park... ON THE N64?!?!?!?ALSO KNOWN AS THE KIDDY CONSOLE?!!?!?!?!
  • N64 had some great games. And since my friends and I invented a couple of Goldeneye-related drinking games, I would say the console was enjoyable for more than just kids.

And I, too, owned and liked the South Park game. It was shallow and seemed hastily thrown together, but it was still fun to make other players dance by shooting them with the alien device.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    someguyfromazoo;72769 said:
    What on earth? How old are you, man?
  • someguyfromazoo;72769 said:
    Turok
    Duke Nukem
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Doom 64
    Mortal Kombat
    War Gods
    Resident Evil 2
    Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
    Carmageddon 64
    Daikatana
    Quake 64/Quake 2
    Shadow Man

And that's just a partial list. It's hardly a "kiddy console".
Add Comment