User Avatar Image

Ben didnt really prove himself in the end.

posted by DarcKage on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, he finally stood up to Kenny and told him what's up, which was good. But he was still a liability in the end. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, he couldnt do anything right and died a horrible death.

- got several people killed.
- Got bitched at all the time and treated like a kid.
- Never got to see his family.
- Had to live for a while with the guilt of indirectly killing Katjaa/Duck.
- Died in an alleyway surrounded by walkers with no one but the guy who hated his guts all this time by his side.
- Probably never got laid.

Such a sad story. :(
73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • UndeadDollface;728120 said:
    But in the end isn't that really the main theme of The Walking Dead?

"Life sucks and then you die."
    So heartwarming.
  • Like others are saying at least he finally earned forgiveness from Kenny in the end and he did step up and join my rescue mission for Clem. I think he did prove himself, just not through some cheesy heroic last stand which would have been unrealistic for Ben anyway.
  • Ben did good. He tried to do some useful stuff in the house attack. I personally think that his speech about his family, his death and Kenny's sacrifice and ultilmate forgiveness made him one of most best characters. Rest in peace Benny-boy, you deserve it.
  • I knew he wouldn.t WHich is why I let him get dropped in the belltower.
  • Yeah, Ben's death was shitty and I couldn't do anything but the "..." option for the next few parts of the conversation after it happened, but it was done that way on purpose. The Walking Dead isn't about hero moments.
  • Yeah, Ben.... was kinda TTG's whipping post.....
  • as much as I dislike ben, after watching what happens when he dies in ep 5, I have to say that for once it wasn't his fault.
  • Ben's death is the only one I'm not cool with.

Kenny decided to go off in a blaze of glory? Okay.

Lee is shot/passes out from the infection after a sad and heartfelt goodbye to Clem? Fine.

Ben dies because a railing was loose? Fuck no!

I would be fine if he ended up like Crista and Omid, having no idea what happened to him or where he went! At least then I could dream!

Not cool, man.
  • He did do ONE small thing. he gives you your gun back in the mansion. Of course it's empty so it never comes to any use, but yeah.

Actually, is it possible to not use your bullets in the fight scene before? If so, would the game recognize it later in the alley scene? I have some experimenting to do tomorrow...
  • MuffinMansBro;738136 said:
    He did do ONE small thing. he gives you your gun back in the mansion. Of course it's empty so it never comes to any use, but yeah.

Actually, is it possible to not use your bullets in the fight scene before? If so, would the game recognize it later in the alley scene? I have some experimenting to do tomorrow...
    the game would not advance unless you use up your bullets.

oh, and it was ben who told everyone that you don't have to get bit to become a walker.
This discussion has been closed.