User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 447.2K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We didn't all go to Gudger College!
  • That was a good episode.
  • GuruGuru214;731586 said:
    I feel like burning this thread to the ground.
    Do it. For all of us.
  • Wrapped up a 50 page paper just a few minutes ago.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    GuruGuru214;731586 said:
    I feel like burning this thread to the ground. And I suspect I'll have to on the new forums, or else it'll be crushed under its own weight.
    Lifting the weight instead of burning it all seems an option. This is the place for rather short lived thoughts and discussions, nothing that has to be preserved for eternity. Maybe we could kill off this one and just start a new one.

Of course, the honor would be yours.

Chances are that the post count isn't really important or even displayed in the new forum. In that case, the whole post slut stigma is off the table and Whatever might not even have to be banned to some random place where less people find it.

To be honest, no thread ever embodied the idea of a "general chat" more than "Whatever". I'd rather have this thing instead of 800 additional threads...
  • When exactly is this "new forum" going to rise?
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    No idea.
  • Can we just leave the old one open for the folks that only want The Walking Dead in the future and not tell them about the new forum? Please!
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Uhhhhh now you ruined it already. :cool:
  • der_ketzer;732107 said:
    Can we just leave the old one open for the folks that only want The Walking Dead in the future and not tell them about the new forum? Please!
    Actually... I would prefer that to be the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.