User Avatar Image

Why did **** "Sacrifice" himself?

posted by FistoTheSexbot on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users
"We're gonna find clementime, with or without you, Lee"

*later*

"Oh, nope. Just gonna kill myself, not like I care about what happens to clementime or If Lee doesn't make it"

Really? He could have just shot Ben then go with Lee, wouldn't take long, sure the walkers would go to them, but they can't climb ladders, and they would be long gone before they could even get up.

I know Kenny doesn't got a family left, and the boat is gone, but he cared for Lee and Clementime, and I doubt he'd just forget that and die for nothing.

Why did you think he did it? Was it a legit reason? Do you think the his death was a good death or just a "Let's just get this character over with" death.
110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • FistoTheSexbot;732726 said:
    Doubt Kenny would just sucicide because of Katjaa and Duck, also the boat.

He even said "You don't just end it cause it's hard. You stick it out, and you help the folks you care about." —Kenny talking to the group about suicide

Aka, helping Lee finding Clem.
    I honestly think he couldn't live with himself anymore if he'd let another person die because of him [or that at least he thinks was because of him]. He's touchy about that stuff. You saw that at the train when he thought Duck getting bitten was some sort of punishment from God for him not helping Hershell's kid.

He was wishing Ben was dead and when the kid put things into perspective-he realized just how wrong and selfish he had been. He really started relating to the kid, and if he somehow were to die, I'm sure he would blame himself for wishing Ben was dead all along. Proof of that is as soon as Ben falls, he says "Me and my fuckin' mouth". He blames himself.
    There's no way Kenny would be able to live with himself if he let Ben die there alone. That's just how he is and there's only so much one can take.

Really, I think you'd only understand why he did if you'd been his friend all along and got to really know him and how he works during the game. Kenny haters would never understand :p
  • He lost the boat, which was his only hope. It's heroic for him to die while saving someone else.
  • He could have put Clem's, christa's and Omid's life on danger if he killed himself with Ben. I really loved Kenny as a character, and I wouldn't be so angerd over it if he died helping Lee getting Clem atleast, Ben and Kenny died for nothing, although it does teaches you alittle bit that you should think before you wish for someone to die.
  • I don't think he was to die, because he could have just stood there and let the walkers eat him if he were really that far gone.
    If you pay close attention to his dialogue leading up to that point, mainly in the attic, and especially the room with the dead couple, he seems to come to terms that to have gotten as far as they did, he had to become hardened and also had to do some horrible things, sometimes not caring about others to "do what needed to be done". Originally for his family and himself, and when he lost him.. All he had left was the group.

In my opinion, he accepted he'd probably die and stayed behind to put Ben out of his misery, full well knowing he'd probably be bitten or dragged down and eaten. But he still fought back and tried to run.
  • On my main playthrough I didn't have Ben, so I saw the scenario where he saves Christa and dies. In that one he seems a lot more valiant and a lot less like he's giving up.
  • MsLox;732845 said:
    On my main playthrough I didn't have Ben, so I saw the scenario where he saves Christa and dies. In that one he seems a lot more valiant and a lot less like he's giving up.

Yeah, but he couldn't get out of there, when it's ben, he can escape but he doesn't.
  • FistoTheSexbot;732857 said:
    Yeah, but he couldn't get out of there, when it's ben, he can escape but he doesn't.
    Because he just couldn't live with himself if he let Ben die alone :T
    Not after wishing he was dead and then hearing Ben's story about his own family.
  • I think he was just tired of living. He lost his family and his boat dream. I guess he made it so Ben didn't have to die alone?
  • If Omid and Christa didn't join the group, do you think Kenny still would've died?
    In the Ben case, I guess the balcony wouldn't have come loose with 2 less people jumping on it.
    In Christa's case, I guess they would ignore the walkie talkie

Also, if Ben DID fall off, do you think Kenny would still would have suicided, leaving no one to take care of Clem?
  • Did any of you pay attention? ;)

In the room with the dead couple he said he could've done much more... when you reply that he's done as much as he could, he says that he should have been a better husband and a better father and he put his whole pre-apocalyptic life in a new perspective. When he makes a mistake on the roof (I killed Ben) and a walkie drops down, he reflects on his thoughts that he needs to be a better person and then says "my big mouth" part, probably thinking - he said all of those things and he'd let everyone down if he didn't help Christa.
This discussion has been closed.