User Avatar Image

Help me to learn English Like a native

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 7.6K users
Hi, I would like to learn English but in our country and in our schools they really don't teach us English! just a little about grammatical rules :( I learned a little by myself ! but still I have some problems

I just need you guys come here some times and help me to find out some of my questions about this language

thanks
193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Being difficult is a phrase meaning that a person is being disruptive, usually for unimportant reasons.
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    Giant Tope;733711 said:
    Being difficult is a phrase meaning that a person is being disruptive, usually for unimportant reasons.
    Thanks but what does "being disruptive" mean ? :confused:
  • unplanned, negative deviation from the expected outcome
  • "Being difficult" means the person knows what you are looking for but gives you something different just to be annoying or mildly funny.

Example: One man asks, "Do you know what time it is?" Second man answers, "Yes," and walks off. Second man knew that the first man wanted to know what the time was, but second man just decided to be difficult instead of telling the first man what time it was.
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    Your help was useless, I don't know what are you talking about image

I was just kiding, thanks a lot

Am I now kind of "Being difficult" ?

So then "Being difficult" means that I know what is your mean but just saying you What the hell are you talking about ?
  • Not quite. If you're being difficult to someone, then you are deliberately preventing them from getting the information they need.

Example - I ask what day it is. If you know it's, say, Tuesday, but tell me the wrong answer on purpose, or you just don't tell me at all, then you're being difficult because you're getting in the way of the answer.
  • If you dont mind me asking n7 what is your native language?
  • WarpSpeed;733864 said:

Example: One man asks, "Do you know what time it is?" Second man answers, "Yes," and walks off.
    I like saying time you got a watch.
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    ty1love;734090 said:
    If you dont mind me asking n7 what is your native language?
    Sorry but I'll do mind image

Thanks guys, Now I know what "being difficult" means
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    Hi, I have a new question
    What does "reckon" mean in following sentence ?
    "I reckon you didn't do it,then."
Add Comment