User Avatar Image

My Game Exploded! SOS!

posted by flushpop on - last edited - Viewed by 330 users
I'm not much of a techy but I'll do my best to explain. I just got the game, blew through the first episode, everything was hunky dory. Then while downloading ep.#2 It got stuck on 99%. I raged and completely restarted my computer. Now, I know this is bad for the computer, so of course I made the same mistake several times. After the last restarting when ever I try to get on the game my screen freaks out and starts flashing a scrambled version of my screen saver, sometimes I get the games sound, sometime not. I have a mac computer by the by. Please help! :(
6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Does the screen get better if you switch to windowed mode by pressing Command + F ?
  • The screen comes back, yes, (smaller version.) But the games mouse refuses to move with mine.
  • NVM, It just started behaving! Thanks so much for your help!
    Time to go bash some zombie heads. :D
  • well, never mind, The home screen is working again but crashes every time try to load ep. 2. I've switched the graphics to lowest possible resolution. The first episode works though.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    It is possible that your incomplete download messed up episode 2.

Please try renaming/moving the savegame folder
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/
    so the game doesn't find it anymore.

Then download episode 2 again, and try if you can start it in a new save slot with random choices.
    If that works, you can try deleting the prefs.prop and *.save files in the new savegame folder, and then copying back only the prefs.prop and *.save files from your original savegame folder.

If the episode 2 download gets stuck again, you can try downloading the files manually.
  • well, went through the process of downloading the files manually, I'm back on the game, trying to load episode 2. It hasn't failed, but it definitely isn't loading as fast as a minute.
This discussion has been closed.