User Avatar Image

Being a Man, does not mean I shouldn't cry - Episode 5

posted by Badger Kong on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Hi guys,

This is mainly a topic for the guys, but any ladies can answer this as well, but did any one else blubber like a baby at the events of Episode 5? I was sad for at least an hour! What do you guys think it is about this game, which makes it so sad, compared to other games which are equally as distressing or finish on a sad ending?

I have my response written out in blog form, which you can check out if you search for Badger Kong's Blabberings, if you want to see what I think. Feel free the comment there too, but I felt this was the best place to ask these questions!

Thanks!
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • they were manly tears of man sadness coming out of my eyes, i totally think it is an appropriate man cry situation, like when Mufasa dies

no way, i mentioned mufasa before reading your blog :D

link

http://badgerkong20.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/telltale-games-i-dont-need-this-heartache-ive-got-walkers-to-worry-about/
  • Apparently, 72% of people cried. I don't think girls play video games.

Poll is here
  • Everyone has emotions, even men, regardless of how society tries to force us to believe we don't or shouldn't. There is nothing to be ashamed about if you're a guy and cry, it just shows you have emotion and care about something.
  • Bulbous;739468 said:
    Apparently, 72% of people cried. I don't think girls play video games.

Poll is here
    Hey, I'm a girl and I play a good number of video games. And although this probably isn't surprising, I seriously cried like a baby. I think it is cool that guys have cried over the events of Episode 5 too. I think it makes them a bigger man because it shows that they care.
  • RainbowSprinklz;739483 said:
    Hey, I'm a girl
    No one on the internet who claims to be a girl, is a girl.

I know they are out there, but the safe play is to believe everyone is male until proven otherwise! Or so I tell the kids.
  • Haha I know, but I really am! Though I see your point, I don't see a lot of women on this site.
  • I actually had enough crying (Kenny's death scene), so I just felt very sad for about 2 days after I completed the game.
  • I didn't cry.. But it was the only game that I have ever played that "moved" me.
  • Badger Kong;739455 said:
    Hi guys,

This is mainly a topic for the guys, but any ladies can answer this as well, but did any one else blubber like a baby at the events of Episode 5? I was sad for at least an hour! What do you guys think it is about this game, which makes it so sad, compared to other games which are equally as distressing or finish on a sad ending?

I have my response written out in blog form, which you can check out if you search for Badger Kong's Blabberings, if you want to see what I think. Feel free the comment there too, but I felt this was the best place to ask these questions!

Thanks!
    Supressed emotions grow up to become heart attacks, let the feelings flow.
  • Irishmile;739513 said:
    I didn't cry.. But it was the only game that I have ever played that "moved" me.
    There was a lot that moved me, the part in TWD that made me cry was when Duck lay there gasping his final breaths with his newly dead mom on the ground near him, and his newly crushed father left with no reason to live and a tough choice to make.
This discussion has been closed.