User Avatar Image

Could Telltale possibly outdo themselves?

posted by Frown on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
A videogame has never made me cry. But I was pretty damn close when I played the finale of The Walking Dead. The guys at Telltale have done such an amazing job conveying emotions with the most vivid storytelling I've ever seen in an adventure game (or perhaps any game for that matter).

The question is, could Season 2 possibly top this? After seeing a game this well-made, I'm actually starting to doubt it. What do you think?
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think they can do it, as long as they get a good quality protagonist. They need somebody who can top Lee, which I think will be pretty hard.
  • If they did it once, why not again?

I voted 'no' though cause the connection between Lee and Clem was something special that lasted through the entire season. Had it not been for someone being near me when I played the finale, I probably would have shed a tear at the ending.
  • I dont think season 2 would be better than season 1. Because of the most games the second one sucks like black ops 2, halo 2 and a lot of other games. And i also think it would suck because Lee isnt in it.
  • Will still be good but no. Not as good. But keep Clem. Leaving the plot is bad story telling, just lazy ohh lets start again. A cop out
  • yes i believe they can do much much better
  • I don't know why they couldn't. When I read their game description on the website, I had no idea how I would end up feeling about the characters by the end of the season. Obviously, they can make characters that people have strong feelings for, and they can write an interesting story. I look forward to what they have in store for us next.
  • owner070;741672 said:
    I dont think season 2 would be better than season 1. Because of the most games the second one sucks like black ops 2, halo 2 and a lot of other games. And i also think it would suck because Lee isnt in it.
    how do we know Lee isn't going to be in the 2nd one? what if Lee just fell asleep or turns into a cool zombie lol! Also Same with Kenny, we don't know if he died do we?
  • I say: no; if I am wrong I am pleased about it; if I am right I am not disappointed :P
    Lee is as dead as Carley..
  • benwade;743486 said:
    how do we know Lee isn't going to be in the 2nd one? what if Lee just fell asleep or turns into a cool zombie lol! Also Same with Kenny, we don't know if he died do we?
    The five stages of grief. Stage one: Denial. :(

Anything is possible. If they did season 1 this well, i see no reason why they can't do the next one just as well or even better. They could bring Clementine back, develop her even more, then kill her as a final goodbye.

Either way, i expect we'll continue to be beaten into the ground until we're emotional husks.
  • Mornai;743501 said:
    The five stages of grief. Stage one: Denial. :(
    I'm still on stage zero
This discussion has been closed.