User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users
the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Panzer89;742313 said:
    I have the feeling that she'll get to live long enough to see how much she screwed up.
    indeed

    image
  • Tyrant;742299 said:
    The entire Walking Dead franchise?

    Lee Everett.
    and you see how they did lee everett

    made the walking dead video game a hit, and they repay his character by killing him off
  • HiggsBoson2142;742393 said:
    Even though I hated him, I cried when Michonne shoved a glass shard through his eye. I was in tears when he was pleading for "Penny's" life, but I lost it with the shard. I don't think even he deserves that. EVEN after what he did to Maggie.
    Read the comics then show me sympathy for that man.
    marcu5;742408 said:
    and you see how they did lee everett

    made the walking dead video game a hit, and they repay his character by killing him off
    You know there is a saying, when all a man has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If all you are looking for is racism, then you will find it everywhere, even where there is none.
  • HiggsBoson2142;742393 said:
    I don't think even he deserves that.
    You're right...he deserves much worse.
    marcu5;742408 said:
    and you see how they did lee everett

    made the walking dead video game a hit, and they repay his character by killing him off
    You must be joking, he went out like a hero and sacrificed his life to save Clementine! I can't think of anything more noble.
  • HelloCthulhu;742410 said:
    Read the comics then show me sympathy for that man.
    Well, then he betrayed Merle. My anger was restored. :)
  • Panzer89;742413 said:


    You must be joking, he went out like a hero and sacrificed his life to save Clementine! I can't think of anything more noble.
    that's the only narrative you guys are receptive to

    the black guy throwing his life on the line to save the white girl (oh, im sorry, she's mixed) :rolleyes:
  • marcu5;742440 said:
    that's the only narrative you guys are receptive to

    the black guy throwing his life on the line to save the white girl (oh, im sorry, she's mixed) :rolleyes:
    Why does it matter what race they are?
  • HelloCthulhu;742410 said:



    You know there is a saying, when all a man has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If all you are looking for is racism, then you will find it everywhere, even where there is none.
    that's a nice quote, but it doesn't mean racism/nails don't exist
  • marcu5;742440 said:
    that's the only narrative you guys are receptive to

    the black guy throwing his life on the line to save the white girl (oh, im sorry, she's mixed) :rolleyes:
    image
    Yea her parents look SO white.:rolleyes:
    marcu5;742451 said:
    that's a nice quote, but it doesn't mean racism/nails don't exist
    And a screw is not a nail.
  • Okay, I came here hoping to talk a little bit about the show and find a shouting match about who on this site is more racist.

    Look, even before I came here I noticed that as soon as they introduced one black character they killed off the one before. Tyreese replaced Oscar replaced T-Dawg replaced Morgan (dude from the very first episode). It's true. And everyone else except for Glenn is white. Also true. You can understand why some people would think it to be a bit racist.

    At the same time, the argument can be made that they are just furthering the plot. You can't expect to go up against walkers and dudes with submachine guns and expect everyone on your team to make it out alive. Someone has to die, but for the sake of the show's narrative it can't be the biggest characters. The lesser characters have to die. Perhaps it's racist that all the black people on the show are lesser characters. But the main reason they're dying is because SOMEONE has to, not because they are black.
This discussion has been closed.