User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • TheRickGrimes;743273 said:
    Wait, wait, wait. T-who?

Haha just kidding :)

I don't see why you guys are arguing over 'TWD is racist' when we're getting Tyreese.
    Because it took the deaths of 2 black protagonists in the same season to get to Tyreese.
  • Textbook;743266 said:
    I remember hearing a guy who worked on The Princess And The Frog, the first animated Disney movie to have a black protagonist, saying this was a no-win situation.

He basically said "If we had her do or say something seen as typically black, people whomped us for stereotyping and being racist. But if we avoided black touchstones and had her behave in a culturally generic way, people accused us of whitewashing her and making her an Oreo. Whatever we did was wrong."
    Lol.. The shit people say.
  • Tyrant;743281 said:
    Seeing as Atlanta is like 50% African-American it wouldn't make sense not to.

They had a forgettable black woman in Season 1 too, she committed suicide at the CDC.
    Funny thing is, Whats-his-face said he wouldn't let anyone commit suicide.
  • Can the moderators just lock this thread and ban the OP's ip address for good? I don't think I need to explain why. And this isn't the first 'racism in walking dead' thread he has created if I'm not mistaken. Also he argues like someone who has barely completed primary school education.
  • Ctn04132;743287 said:
    Can the moderators just lock this thread and ban the OP's ip address for good? I don't think I need to explain why. And this isn't the first 'racism in walking dead' thread he has created if I'm not mistaken. Also he argues like someone who has barely completed primary school education.
    This just made my day.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Ctn04132;743287 said:
    Can the moderators just lock this thread
    Yeah, I'm closing this. Everything has been said already. The debate was pretty much going in circles.

And looking back at the last few pages the insults have gotten out of hand.
This discussion has been closed.