User Avatar Image

Most depressing masterpiece ever...

posted by montesinos7 on - last edited - Viewed by 933 users
This game was awesome, and I loved it. It followed the tradition of being depressing as fuck just like the comic. The ending was... freakin insane. I felt a part of my soul get stabbed every time they killed people Carley..Kenny..LEE. Well I guess it was a good ending, I just wish that you could have saved at least yourself. What did you all think of the ending and predictions for season 2?
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, Episode 5 got me really depressed. My first choices in my main playthrough pretty much lined up with Kenny, so I got sad as heck when he died saving Christa. So after seeing his best friend die, my Lee nearly got killed at the hands of the Stranger, was forced to smear Clem with zombie guts, then promptly passed out in the street. After waking up in the jewlery store, it was a non stop depression fest as Lee slowly died in front of Clem. After being separated from the only people left he trusted, and seeing his best friend die. Seeing Clem after the credits made me feel (somewhat) better though.
  • I would have to say LA Noire is more depressing than this game but it's close.
  • Tyrant;744314 said:
    I would have to say LA Noire is more depressing than this game but it's close.
    i found LA Noire depressing but only because it had this amazing technology and had an authentic feel to it, but the game was ruined by the main mechanic of the game which was deciding whether the stupid faces they were making were lies or not and then if you were wrong you had to stop interviewing the suspect and you couldn't just ask the question again, that totally ruined it for me and i didn't complete it
  • Really depressing. I had to hug my blanket for a few hours.

..And I'm not even a kid ._.
  • Yeah I agree with all of you--- I have never played L.A Noire but I doubt it could be more depressing than this.
  • this together with Braid are the most emotionally depressing games ever.
  • Depressing masterpiece is a really good term. As much as it killed me inside to watch everything post handcuffs play out, TTG really stuck to the theme of the series and didnt handwave a happy ending...at all.
  • idk does kenny even die? After he tried saving Ben all you hear is a single gun shot and then silence.
  • Will85;744758 said:
    idk does kenny even die? After he tried saving Ben all you hear is a single gun shot and then silence.
    he is dead. he dies in another way which is more clear if you dont have ben.
  • short_stack;744764 said:
    he is dead. he dies in another way which is more clear if you dont have ben.
    you don't actually see him die in either, but i will only believe he is dead or alive if i see it
This discussion has been closed.