User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 75.7K users
Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.
5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Farlander;744854 said:
    Why does Steam think it's a good idea to put old games with a price tag almost twice as much as the same games have on GoG? (AND those same games have some extra goodies and bonuses)
    I don't think it's Steam. On GoG there is a usual price for games on Steam there is not so Square can set the price to what ever they think is good. And I guess they think their old crap is worth 10€ per game.
    But hey. It's only a matter of time until those are 75% off.
  • I don't think it's Steam. On GoG there is a usual price for games on Steam there is not so Square can set the price to what ever they think is good.
    Well, I don't think GoG posts a game on their service without making a deal with the publisher regarding the price.

Plus, when it comes to old games on GoG (because prices with newer games are much more varied), there are TWO standard prices: 5.99 and 9.99. Legacy of Kain games cost 5.99 on GoG. And I'm sure Square and GoG have agreed on that price. Taking that into account, how the hell can anybody think that setting a price at 9.99 on a different service was ever a good idea?
  • I think der ketzer has the right idea, Steam sets higher base prices so it can discount them later. Also Steam has a massive install base and more than a few of them only buy games on Steam, so there's that.
  • I just think it's terrible that Eidos is using GOG like this. You know, having GOG do all the hard work of getting the games running properly on modern systems, then turning around and selling these ports on Steam for way too much.
  • You could always just get them from GoG...
  • No. I cannot. Well I don't want to.

What you can get on Steam for only 50% of the normal price is:

€12,49 / $12.49 / £9.99
  • Since I've never heard of it, and I'm willing you haven't either, here's the Gamespot review. It got a 4.5.
  • Holy shit, Triple Town is on Steam. I love Triple Town!
  • Daily Deal:

£5.99 / $7.49 / €6.99 (glad to see the EU doesn't get screwed over for once!)

I kinda want this, but I'm a tad wary - the inevitable Christmas Sale will be here soon, and I can't decide whether to wait for it to go on sale then or just say "f*ck it" and buy it now.
  • der_ketzer;744992 said:
    No. I cannot. Well I don't want to.
    Well, I know you won't.
Add Comment