User Avatar Image

Episode 3 glitch...nothing fixes it!

posted by Skyblue03 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
I just started playing the Walking Dead over the weekend, and I've been addicted ever since! I had no issues at all with episodes 1 or 2, but I've been stuck at the same glitch in episode 3 for 2 days now. When Lee & Kenny are trying to get the train running and Lee has found the notepad with the instructions on it. When I select the console, I can select section 6, but I cannot select section 5 to move the knob on the left. I have rewound the game numerous times, and even redownloaded it twice, but every time I am running in to this same glitch. It's getting very frustrating to be stuck on such an easy step in the game.
Any suggestions to fix this glitch? I want to keep playing this game!
40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hi

I've been having the same problem, with the control panel 9. I've even playd the whole episode again. First time leaving Lily and second time taking her with. I also downloaded the episode again but nothing works. The cursor won't find the ninth control panel. And yes, the game completely stucks if I open the notebook.

Hope you fix it soon, i'm getting quite addicted

edit: I've done the playing also with video walktrough, so there can be nothing i've missed.
  • MattP;746734 said:
    I have another couple questions:

Did you take or leave Lily?
    Did you install the latest Title Update that was released this past weekend?

Thank you for your patience while we figure this out.
    I have done it both ways; Bring Lily and leave Lily. The bug persists. Yes I installed the update as well.
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff
    We have reproduced this issue in house, and determined that if you have either Episode 4 or Episode 5 (or both) installed, this issue will no longer occur. If you download these episodes after experiencing this issue, you will need to restart your xbox.
  • MattP;746816 said:
    We have reproduced this issue in house, and determined that if you have either Episode 4 or Episode 5 (or both) installed, this issue will no longer occur. If you download these episodes after experiencing this issue, you will need to restart your xbox.
    Thank you for the help. Glad I can continue with the story now.
  • it workd! thanks Matt P and the tell tale team!
  • Hi I have tried these things and I still can't access panel 9
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff
    Please make sure you restart your xbox as this is the crucial step.
  • These work arounds are great and all, and for those that read the forums provide a solution, but I do hope that you patch these issues also.

Thanks for looking into.
  • Hello im here becuase i got the same problem with the switch nr9 and the notepad fucks the game op. and i have Tried to take lily with me and also left her, and the same happin every time i try :-p plz ned update. And i play on xbox
  • Jack-bn it is answered above - you need to download and install at least ep 4 (or both 4 & 5) and reset your x-box - i hope you were intending to buy them anyways!
This discussion has been closed.