User Avatar Image

animated menus and such

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
For the inevitable patch, can we please see the ability to speed up, or preferably remove the animation on menus and speech bubbles? I didn't have a CD-ROM during adventure games's heyday, and I'm used to just reading the text, I skip the voice acting most of the time because I don't like to sit around and wait.

Any way we can do that?
6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You can turn voices off by setting their volume to zero (keeping music and effects on), and then tap the space-bar to skip forward when you've read the text.

Doesn't help with removing the animated menus & speech bubles, but if you're going for a game-speed record, the space-bar may help. :p
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Yeah, I use the spacebar, but there's still that time it takes for things to pop in and out. At least in Windows you can disable that, and I'd like a similar option in the future games.
  • What's the big rush? :-/
  • What's the big rush? :-/
    The gameplay's so great, he wants to get back to it as quickly as possible. :D

Thanks for the feedback, Wickywoo. I'll pass it along to the rest of the team.
  • Those animated speech bubbles ARE pretty annoying... It would be nice to turn off the animation part.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Those animated speech bubbles ARE pretty annoying... It would be nice to turn off the animation part.
    Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.