User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 448K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Chyron8472;746802 said:
    I haven't seen that movie.
    You must fix that. Watch the original.
  • StrongBrush1;746962 said:
    I can't believe that they didn't get better reviews, they're just wonderful examples of well-crafted modern punk rock.
    idk, I clicked that link and it didn't seem like punk at all to me. It seemed like regular ol' rock to me, but *shrug*. When I think of punk, I think of songs with vibes like blitzkrieg bop, god save the queen, or even london calling. I think green day's older stuff was more akin to this, but I don't think they can be considered punk anymore, not that that's a bad thing. I know you placed the word modern in there, and mind you I don't know much about modern punk, but I feel like it's not the same.

Someone who knows more about music come in and correct me if I'm wrong. I'm very willing to learn more.

In other news, there was a shooting at the local mall. 3 confirmed dead. People are already blaming/promoting gun control. Why can't people let people mourn one night without involving politics?
  • Punk has changed a bit with studios and production investments. There are still some purist bands out there, but there are also bands that have run with it. Green Day is definitely the prime example. Social D also went this route.
  • CM Punk is has the longest title rein of the modern era and the 5th longest overall.
  • CM Punk is good but he still is no Randy Savage
  • Bloodline Video;747171 said:
    CM Punk is good but he still is no Randy Savage
    He gave it a good go.

• Currently updating my new WiiU at the pace of a snail. Bad internet + long update = fun times!
  • Giant Tope;747009 said:

In other news, there was a shooting at the local mall. 3 confirmed dead. People are already blaming/promoting gun control. Why can't people let people mourn one night without involving politics?
    Because sadly, tragic events in the US are always turned into a game of "Pass the Blame."

It happened after Oklahoma City, it happened after Columbine, it happened after 9/11, it happened after Aurora, and it will continue to happen until people realize we can't just keep blaming other people for stuff that goes wrong.
  • so until the end of time then.
  • der_ketzer;747374 said:
    so until the end of time then.
    Pretty much.

This is why I choose not to confer with humans too much. Too judgemental.
This discussion has been closed.