User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 51.8K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Going through a few DS games. Got stuck in the library in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time: Quest for a Longer Title and just plain got bored with Lego Lord of the Rings, which suffers some surprising slowdown in spots. S'yeah. Then I went back to Giana Sisters DS and all was right again.
  • Have you tried the console/PC version of LEGO Lord of the Rings?
  • Not yet. Just the DS one. I'd guess it's just like all the other DS versions - a poor man's version.
  • I have really enjoyed it (the console/PC version, that is). It's got really nice level design, and although normal battles are kind of boring, boss battles are fun (my favourite's gotta be the Troll from Balin's Tomb). Although, after getting free play it can get somewhat monotonous, but from time to time it's nice to get back in for an hour.
  • Re-playing Heavy Rain. Best game ever.
  • Playing through and almost finishing Assassin's Creed II for the first time. Great game, a lot was added to it to keep it fresh.
  • Playing FTL again.

I got all the way to sector 7 this time, before being crushed by a pirate vessel with better gear. (I was low on everything at that point as well... :( )

Damn. Its been a looooongg time since I've played a game for this long, and so feverishly.
    Definitely worth the £3 I paid for it, that's for sure! X'D

Almost every playthrough feels different because of the randomisation of events, and locations.
    Sometimes, like this playthrough, you get lucky and get lots of free stuff at the start, and at others, you really struggle to get a break.

(Plus I love how many different ways you can approach a battle. You can use missiles, drones, disruptor gear, cloaking, and just sending your guys onto their ships to cause havok! (and all of that can happen to you. Trust me. I know... Xp))
  • I've been playing - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (2nd Time) and Borderlands 2.
  • User Avatar Image
    Lei
    Man nothing can move on from Walking Dead, playing through seeing all its non canon deaths haha
  • Started playing Gemini Rue yesterday. I'm kinda in the mood for an adventure type game, it seems.
Add Comment