139 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • kongdong;747402 said:
    she isn't asian but she has some asian attributes in her looks. maybe grandparents or smth
    Nah. If you'll notice her light colored eyes (an attribute that neither blacks or asians have) you'll see that she is mixed, but with caucasian not asian.
  • Eric Northman;747414 said:
    Nah. If you'll notice her light colored eyes (an attribute that neither blacks or asians have)
    Wrong. Plenty of asian areas have light colored eyes. And the shape of her eyes is rather slit, another asian attribute, usually not to be found in caucasian areas.. not even to mention her skin color. definitely some asian in there. her mom (picture next to answering machine also shows many signs of asian mix, most likely some Asian Filipino influence).

then again, this is a game. A person designing the characters might just do their thing without paying too much attention to exact biological genetic attributes.
  • dubesor;747425 said:
    Wrong. Plenty of asian areas have light colored eyes. And the shape of her eyes is rather slit, another asian attribute, usually not to be found in caucasian areas.. not even to mention her skin color. definitely some asian in there. her mom (picture next to answering machine also shows many signs of asian mix, most likely some Asian Filipino influence).

then again, this is a game. A person designing the characters might just do their thing without paying too much attention to exact biological genetic attributes.
    I know a ton of asians, I mean a TON. Hmong's, filipino's, chinese, japanese, not one has light colored eyes (excluding the ones that use color contacts), and NONE of them have eyes shaped like Clems. She IS black, not asian. The makers even said they changed her race from caucasian so that people in the game could make the mistake of thinking that she is Lee's daughter, that's why Clem wasn't white, why change her race to match with Lee and then still leave room for ambiguity by making her half asian? You are reading way to much to her having the slightest hint of a "slit" to her eyes :rolleyes: Lastly there is a skin color that exists amongst blacks (I've heard it refered to as high yellow in certain movies) that matches Clems skin tone perfectly, that makes it far from being certain that there is "definitely some asian in there".
  • Sorry but your post is BS. Plenty of asians have lightcolored eyes.
    Example of Clems eyecolor: image
    (you can look it up, name is Go Ara, no contact lenses and no known caucasians ancestors). This is just one example, there are hundreds of thousands of asian people with lighter eyes.
    http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8516/218576980966256017o7rm.jpg
    http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6646/khotonnuur9pr.jpg
    http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/2435/18095093a8eabdca619md.jpg

Okay maybe blue and green eyes are very uncommon among asians, but a lighter brown/hazel definitely IS NOT.
  • why are you arguing about it, i thought Clementine may have been asian at first, but the dev's have said she is black, so i was wrong, maybe they could have made that more clear but nit picking details wont make her change her race
  • thestalkinghead;747501 said:
    why are you arguing about it, i thought Clementine may have been asian at first, but the dev's have said she is black, so i was wrong, maybe they could have made that more clear but nit picking details wont make her change her race
    I never said she wasn't black. I said she was african american from the very beginning. All I said was that her looks imply that she is a mix. and that she had asian influence. That is all.
  • i think we can all conclude she isn't pure black. she definately had some mixes may it be caucasian or asian. personally i always thought she was asian but whatever. this topic is pointless anyways since this isn't a real person but just someone who was drawing someone. could be any race without any proof to back it up since the person doesnt really exist. her looks scream to me: 80% black 20% asian.
  • dubesor;747495 said:
    Sorry but your post is BS. Plenty of asians have lightcolored eyes.
    Example of Clems eyecolor: image
    (you can look it up, name is Go Ara, no contact lenses and no known caucasians ancestors). This is just one example, there are hundreds of thousands of asian people with lighter eyes.
    http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8516/218576980966256017o7rm.jpg
    http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6646/khotonnuur9pr.jpg
    http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/2435/18095093a8eabdca619md.jpg

Okay maybe blue and green eyes are very uncommon among asians, but a lighter brown/hazel definitely IS NOT.
    Gee, she looks kind of mixed, Almost like she isn't completely asian, almost like one of her parents (or grand parents, or great grand parents) is white. You know there have been a lot of GI's over in asian countries for many many years (many of them feel a sense of shame about having some caucasian heritage, that's where the term son of a gun comes from, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she didn't choose to share the fact that she is mixed). You say that she isn't mixed, I say you are full of BS.
  • You know, this is starting to bring out a negative side of me. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I'm sorry for being rude and argumentative, it was uncalled for and just not necessary. Again, I'm sorry for being a jerk, from now on Clem can be as asian as anyone wants her to be and I won't say a word against it. ;)
  • wow you are constantly contradicting yourself. she is korean. she is asian. by your logic no one can be assigned to any race because maybe everyone has some mix 20+ generations ahead.
    Clem DOES look asian. there are like 20 people in this thread who already said this and a couple of hundreds on the subreddit. Your logic was that Clem can't be asian-mix because she has a lighter eyecolor. I posted pictures proofing you wrong.

Even if Go Ara wasn't full asian (which she is btw, full korean) - what tells us clems ancestors weren't asian-mixes with lighter eyes like go ara themselves? Gosh this is just getting dumb, huge troll who is constantly contradicting himself, I'm done wasting my time. She definitely looks like a african-american/asian mix (read others on this thread please). She looks absolutely nothing like any Caucasian I have ever seen. And I am white myself in a white country. Cya
This discussion has been closed.