User Avatar Image

Ok, the Last of Us looks COMPLETELY like TWD game

posted by george1120 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/09/the-last-of-us-vga-trailer

The characters, voices, fighting/killing, all the same. I hope they didn't base their game on TWD due to its success...

It looks like the girl will have to kill the main character. Also, it already looks as if the main priority is to protect the girl.
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • george1120;745929 said:
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/09/the-last-of-us-vga-trailer

The characters, voices, fighting/killing, all the same. I hope they didn't base their game on TWD due to its success...

It looks like the girl will have to kill the main character. Also, it already looks as if the main priority is to protect the girl.
    Take a look at some actual gameplay. I think it might change your mind... ;)

The Last of Us gameplay
  • This thread is as almost as lame as the "who's hotter" thread
  • george1120;746240 said:
    this trailer was being worked on according to naughty dog november 5 - december 3. Took an AWFULLY long time just for a trailer eh?
    That's... actually a pretty good time for a trailer of a game still in development.
  • Well... you could say.. they're both alot like the novel The Road by Cormac McCarthy..
    But honestly there have been TONS of similar situations in novels, movies, games and other entertainment... Its a format that works.
  • Irishmile;750061 said:
    Well... you could say.. they're both alot like the novel The Road by Cormac McCarthy..
    But honestly there have been TONS of similar situations in novels, movies, games and other entertainment... Its a format that works.
    This. I was just about to say, if anything, I'd say both stories were borrowing from The Road.
  • It surprises me more how the girl looks like. She looks exactly like a cousin of mine, lol
  • Looks great and it will be a definite buy for me next year.I'm not a horror/zombie fan but the concept of civilisation somehow collapsing due to a virus,natural disaster or even the "ZA" and how humans would deal with it does intrigue me.Telltale did a magnificent job with The Walking Dead due to their story and characters and I have high hopes that Naughty Dog will also produce something special.
  • their voiceactor for the "girl" is terrible. sounds like a 30y old woman nothing like a girl her age
  • We have 3 games with some minor similar elements. Mainly a guy taking care of a girl in an apocalypse where the real threat are the humans not the zombies/walkers/whatever people are calling them now :p

1.Walking Dead
    2. Last of Us
    3.Human Element
  • I've actually been following The Last of Us for quite some time now. The Walking Dead has simply given me higher hopes for it...though, I do hope it ends on a happier note.

I've been trying to avoid any spoilers for it, but it seems it's getting more and more inevitable. They too have also said the game will be less about making an action game, but more of an emotional experience.

I am loving all these survival adventure games. Heck, I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider as well. I'm just afraid I'm going to be burned out on them if I decide to play I Am Alive.
This discussion has been closed.