User Avatar Image

Footage of Marvin the Martian online

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 990 users
Here’s something that is bound to surprise everyone. Test demo footage of the purposed live-action/CG Marvin the Martian movie. No joke, real deal footage here. Originally, Warner bros went ahead with this but in the end they shelved it. here’s the link to the footage, if anyone asks Eric Bauza is voicing Marvin here(although it was rumored Mike Myers was supposed to voice Marvin for the actual movie)

http://vimeo.com/channels/434140/51896515

Unlike most hybrids that have been produced, that had the animated characters to look almost realistic. Marvin looks like himself, in short terms, they didn’t turn him into a realistic looking freakazoid. I don’t know if the upcoming LT movie(which is being written by a SNL writer) I don’t know if the animation for that movie would be like this. But either way, it would look better than a realistic looney tunes. What do you guys think? The story to me sounded too similar to my dog skip(since they were going to put Marvin on earth to destroy Christmas but befriends a kid in the process). I’m just glad Marvin looks like himself and not realistic to the point of being creepy.
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's the Home Alone music!
  • "There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"
  • It's not long before Hollywood remakes Home Alone is it. And with the looks of this, it'll be bad.

Hollywood's going on Ebay!
  • Two of the last three Home Alones pretty much were remakes:
    Holiday Heist

Oh Malcom McDowell....Ed Asner......why?
  • Well, that was... bad. But not as bad as the Hong Kong Phooey one.....
  • Who the frak wrote that? The work experience kid over at Warner Bros?!

[CENTER]* Pop culture references that would badly date the movie in the decades to come (Xbox, eBay)... urgh!

* A joke about testicles... urgh!

* Considering that it lacks any kind of internal logic, why does the gingerbead man scream?... urgh!

* Yet another CGI update to a traditionally animated cartoon character because it would be absurd to have a 2D animation when that kind of technology is sooooo passé... urgh!
    [/CENTER]

... All in all, it looked like it would make for a brilliant movie!
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    St_Eddie;752910 said:
    [CENTER]* [I]Pop culture references that would badly date the movie in the decades to come (Xbox, eBay)... urgh!
    Pop culture references have always been a part of Looney Tunes shorts (lots of references to A list stars from the 1930's, references to popular television and radio shows of the time, etc.), so I see no problem adding pop culture references to today's Looney Tunes films (it fits with the spirit IMO).
  • Nobody likes today's culture. Today's culture is filled with annoying shit. Yesteryears culture is filled with class. Nobody wants a Looney Tunes movie starring a future Xbox Live player.
  • Secret Fawful;752921 said:
    Nobody likes today's culture. Today's culture is filled with annoying shit. Yesteryears culture is filled with class. Nobody wants a Looney Tunes movie starring a future Xbox Live player.
    Yep, pretty much this.
  • I’ve read that not only are they doing Marvin the Martian, they’re also doing Bugs Bunny, Pepe Le Pew, and Speedy Gonzales, and Back in Action was practically Daffy Duck’s movie.
Add Comment