User Avatar Image

not lee! noooooo

posted by Burfrickydur on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users
just finished ep 5. great story, i dunno about that ending tho! lee better not be dead!

much like the tv series i feel like if certain characters die (glen and daryl mostly) i'd stop watching. ill check out season 2 to see how clem made out but if lee is dead...

for me clem and lee make the game what it is. just my opinion
80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dildor;748172 said:
    A part of me died with Lee at the end of episode 5. Saddest moment in any game I've played in a long time. If he came back it would ruin all that emotion.

    I'm 100% positive TTG will come up with even better characters for season 2, maybe bring a few old ones back. Not from the dead mind you. ;)
    Yeah maybe, but i prefer that ruined emotion, than his death, really i would like to see him as protagonist in season 2 too... Perfect Character with good story, and Clem to looking after.
  • Daw97;748188 said:
    Yeah maybe, but i prefer that ruined emotion, than his death, really i would like to see him as protagonist in season 2 too... Perfect Character with good story, and Clem to looking after.
    Well, Telltale spoke the very words that confirm Lee is dead, so it seems very unlikely that we will be seeing him. They've also said they plan to go places/do things they haven't done before with season 2; i think they've wrapped up Lee's story and are moving on.
  • Mornai;748203 said:
    Well, Telltale spoke the very words that confirm Lee is dead, so it seems very unlikely that we will be seeing him. They've also said they plan to go places/do things they haven't done before with season 2; i think they've wrapped up Lee's story and are moving on.
    Even if they want to bring Lee back (just speculation), they won't say he is alive, because it would spoil Season 2.
  • He's dead Jim.

    There was no other way to end the game. Lee walking off into the sunset with Clem would have taken much of the emotional impact the story has, and tossed it into a rubbish bin. The writers got it right.
  • Scaeva;748806 said:
    He's dead Jim.

    There was no other way to end the game. Lee walking off into the sunset with Clem would have taken much of the emotional impact the story has, and tossed it into a rubbish bin. The writers got it right.
    Dude, there is no way that Lee not dying would have in any way, shape or form detracted from the emotion of the story. For example (if you havent watched the dark knight rises, dont read this) bruce wayne being alive at the end of the movie made the movie that much better than if he had died. Or Halo, arguably one of the greatest video game franchises ever and how many games later and the Master Chief still hasnt died and the series is as strong as ever.

    Im sure I could find more examples that the game would not have been lessened in any way if Lee had survived.
  • They could have done what Dragon Age did and have a new player character for each new game, and simply tie the old characters story off. The player characters still lived but their story was finished. No reason they couldnt do that with Lee.
  • Clementine was the entire motivation of the story as Lee's redemption. I think the story should continue with her.
  • User Avatar Image
    G.Ross Telltale Staff
    Ghositex;741895 said:
    [CENTER]image

    I was bored, they're too big to be an avatar anyway ^^
    Edit: Ben's eye patch also looks weird.
    Edit 2: Screw ben.[/CENTER]



    People always die, it's one of the only things a ZA doesn't really change. It just.. speeds up the process.

    arrrrrrr
  • It was a bit of an obvious and expected conclusion, so for me t'was no surprise. Very emotional though; they did a fantastic job with these characters.

    I suppose it would've been nice to have the option to save Lee based on your in-game choices. It was a predictable end but eh, I wasn't too bothered by it (the fact that you can't change it, I mean). I was rather hoping the lives of the other characters would rest on your decisions and was more disappointed to find that was not the case than with Lee's death.
  • Anyway, i think there should be possibility to save lee. Because i really want to see him in Season 2. Also i think i'm not alone who think that way. That could be great story (if he survive somehow). Lee searching for group, after Clem left him.
This discussion has been closed.