User Avatar Image

The Great Sherlock Thread

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 10.2K users
Oh, hello, I didn't see you there!

You either clicked on this thread for one of three reasons. You either;
A. Was curious about it's contents and had no interest in the topic.
B. Thought this thread was discussing the Ritchie films
or C. Wished to discuss the masterful BBC and PBS produced 'Sherlock' series, ran by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat and starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

If you chose Option C, you are correct! That's right, the fantastic adventures of Sherlock and Dr. Watson shall continue starting New Years Day on BBC1 and each Sunday thereafter for a whopping three further weeks (insert 'Wow! Three Whole Weeks!'s)

If you've yet to experience the pure joy of the first series, it is available on Netflix streaming and on DVD (Amazon: US and UK).

Now then, let's get to the discussion, eh! Why not start with some thoughts on the first episode, Steven Moffat's "A Study in Pink"?
248 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wish it was a Sherlock Christmas special instead of Doctor Who this year.
    LuigiHann;698305 said:
    This would be a good place to point out that I thought Sherlock's Moriarty was really original until I realized he's basically The Riddler
    Sherlock is Batman, Watson is Robin, Lestrade is Jim Gordon, Anderson is Harvey Bullock, Mrs Hudson is Alfred and Irene Adler is Catwoman.
  • ...I think I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not watching Elementary recently. Is that weird?
    It's weird, right? Oh man, never thought I'd need a hit of Jonny Lee Miller...
  • I just looked up and saw I made the same basic post twice with out noticing!
  • FitzoliverJ;750840 said:
    Pick TV have changed their schedules since the "Radio Times" went to press, at least one episode of "Elementary" will be shown in two weeks' time.
    Alongside the first episode of "Treasure Island". Unfortunately, nobody appears to have thought of scheduling the second part, or any more of "Elementary".

Merde.

(Still, have ordered "Sherlock: The Casebook" from the library)
  • coolsome;751291 said:
    I wish it was a Sherlock Christmas special instead of Doctor Who this year.
    There’s only one Sherlock Holmes Christmas story that they could have done: Blue Carbuncle.
  • Noname215;754324 said:
    There’s only one Sherlock Holmes Christmas story that they could have done: Blue Carbuncle.
    I think Moffet and co could pick any story and make it Christmasy.
  • coolsome;754327 said:
    I think Moffet and co could pick any story and make it Christmasy.

Come to think of it, the godawful pre-Moffat BBC take on "The Hound of the Baskervilles" was all Christmassy.
  • Moffat made the episode with Adler kinda Christmas-y. At least I seem to remember there being Christmas presents at some point.
  • Alcoremortis;754347 said:
    Moffat made the episode with Adler kinda Christmas-y. At least I seem to remember there being Christmas presents at some point.
    And Molly got a hug.
  • coolsome;754348 said:
    And Molly got a hug.
    After getting expertly insulted and humiliated. I'm not sure if the two cancel out.
Add Comment