User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 77.6K users
Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.
5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They do have the earlier Doom games at 75% off. I'm guessing your wonderful censorship laws prevent you from actually seeing/purchasing them though. I wonder how you'll get around that. Hmm...
  • I'm guessing there's something wrong with the Doom and Doom 2 included in the Doom 3 BFG Edition, otherwise you could just buy it and get them as in-game apps. Or were THOSE also removed from the game?
  • Gibbeynator;754274 said:
    I'm guessing there's something wrong with the Doom and Doom 2 included in the Doom 3 BFG Edition, otherwise you could just buy it and get them as in-game apps. Or were THOSE also removed from the game?
    All games in the BFG edition are actually censored worldwide so they can put a nice "100% uncut" on the German box. (Yes, even Doom 3 which was released completely uncensored here in 2004). Also Doom 3 in the BFG edition looks worse than the old PC version because the PS3 and the 360 cannot handle PC graphics from 2004.

I no longer have to accept censored crap in my games collection. The internet actually exists and importing games (e.g. from the UK) is easy enough. BUT if they censor everything worldwide I have no choice but to say: No.
  • Have you considered trading with someone who lives in a region where you can get these games, then? That used to be the way around Steam's region-locking.
  • Gibbeynator;754281 said:
    Have you considered trading with someone who lives in a region where you can get these games, then? That used to be the way around Steam's region-locking.
    Way ahead of you. A Hollydays-Sith (with a festive red light saber) just sent me the Doom classics pack.
  • Ahh. Well, there you go.

Edit: Also, sale fail! The Farcry bundle is 50 dollars, while all 3 games combined are $42.47.
  • Same for the UK, where the collection is £30.49, and the individual games combined are £25.47. Whoops!
  • der_ketzer;754255 said:
    Mark Of The Ninja 50% off (buy it! I can't recommend it enough)
    Bought! It looks pretty awesome, but I probably won't play it anytime soon, since I'm currently in the middle of too many games as it is.
  • That's just called being a Steam user.
  • Flash Sales

Civilization Franchise 50% off
    Men of War: Collector Pack 50% off
    Closure 50% off
Add Comment