User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 75.7K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;754792 said:

But yeah, it's not exactly a great movie... but hey, Doctor Who's been worse in its time. Logopolis, anyone? :p

• Ribs;754935 said:
    I wish the world did end in 2012.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Darth Marsden;754792 said:
    I posit that the Doctor made that bit up
    Rule #1: The Doctor Lies
  • Finally caught up on all the revived Doctor Who seasons, now having watched all the episodes from Eleventh, Ninth and Tenth Doctor in that order. I am now somewhat unsure of what to do with my life :S

Oh who am I kidding, I'm going to go through all the Matt Smith episodes again until the second half of season 7 begins.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Woodsyblue;754998 said:
    Finally caught up on all the revived Doctor Who seasons, now having watched all the episodes from Eleventh, Ninth and Tenth Doctor in that order. I am now somewhat unsure of what to do with my life :S

Oh who am I kidding, I'm going to go through all the Matt Smith episodes again until the second half of season 7 begins.
    That's the same order I watched them when I first caught Doctor Who during The Time of Angels. Then I watched the 8th Doctor's TV movie, and the Sixth Doctor in Trial of a Time Lord (the latter because I was curious who the Valeyard was due to all the fan speculation that the Meta-crisis Tenth Doctor is the Valeyard).

I'm thinking of watching more classic Doctor Who. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good classic episodes?
  • Genesis of the Daleks!
  • The Happiness Patrol!
  • Ribs;755145 said:
    The Happiness Patrol!
    If you want to be turned off for ever.

Heres a good spoiler free guide.
  • Jennifer;755139 said:
    That's the same order I watched them when I first caught Doctor Who during The Time of Angels. Then I watched the 8th Doctor's TV movie, and the Sixth Doctor in Trial of a Time Lord (the latter because I was curious who the Valeyard was due to all the fan speculation that the Meta-crisis Tenth Doctor is the Valeyard).

I'm thinking of watching more classic Doctor Who. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good classic episodes?
    I would recommend a sampling of each doctor.

"The Daleks" From the first doctor, "Tomb of the Cybermen" from the second, "Spearhead from Space" for the third, "Genesis of the Daleks" from the fourth, "Planet of fire" or from the fifth, "Trial of a timelord" for the sixth (which you've already seen) and "battlefield" for the seventh".

That's covered some of the more famous ones, some of the origin stories and a few of my favourites.
    Ribs;754935 said:
    I'm really looking forward to the Dimensions in Time 20th anniversary!
Add Comment