User Avatar Image

Issues with Walking Dead disc glitches

posted by DoctorShades24 on - last edited - Viewed by 25.3K users
Just bought the Walking Dead on disc. This game glitches so much that I cannot play it. I need a work around or I need a refund.
189 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wonder if we should email David Felton directly... he's in charge of QA and game production for Telltale Games. It'll be interested to learn if he takes any responsibility for the miss or if he's cashing in and taking some long holiday because the game has performed well enough for the game mags/reviewers to enjoy the product.

https://www.telltalegames.com/company/ourteam/davefelton

Using corporate email methodology he's either [email]dfelton@telltalegames.com[/email] or [email]david.felton@telltalegames.com[/email]
  • holeydonut;754354 said:
    I wonder if we should email David Felton directly... he's in charge of QA and game production for Telltale Games. It'll be interested to learn if he takes any responsibility for the miss or if he's cashing in and taking some long holiday because the game has performed well enough for the game mags/reviewers to enjoy the product.

https://www.telltalegames.com/company/ourteam/davefelton

Using corporate email methodology he's either [email]dfelton@telltalegames.com[/email] or [email]david.felton@telltalegames.com[/email]
    i just wrote him
  • Bought the game for my wife, got the xbox 360 disc version, it is NOT playable on her 4GB slim due to the frame rate issues. It is barely playable on my old school 360 elite. Overall I am very dissatisfied with the game and need this fixed in some way. I cannot bring the game back since it is opened and the eb games where I bought it refuses to take back opened games, but they will give me a trade in value of 5 bucks. What a waste, I am going to keep the game with the hope that telltale fixes the issues in a patch or they do something. Until then, no more telltale games will be bought by me, ever.
  • I bought the collector's edition of this for my son because he loves the show, he loves point and click games, and he had been expressing how he wanted to read the comics. I played the digital version of this game and lived every second of it. I couldn't wait for him to play it. Needless to say, the disc version plays like a complete mess in his Xbox (4gb slim) to the point that it is completely unplayable. I tried it on my Xbox ( also the slim) and had the same issue. This was the one gift that I was really looking forward to giving him and in this state, it was hugely disappointing. I hope they do the right thing here and resolve this soon. I understand a lot goes into fixing this kind of thing but they need to say something positive to their customers before this turns into very negative press for TellTale. It would be a shame since I really think this is the game of the year.
  • Say something!
  • This is ridiculous. I have created a 'support ticket' and have posted on here and I have tweeted them to no avail. This lack of response is very concerning.

Whats going on?!?!?!?!?!
  • I've got the collector's edition of TWD for the 360 and I can not start episode 2 after I finish episode one. When I select episode two it reverts to the beginning of episode one. This game is broken and I'm not happy. I have an xbox elite 120GB model so this problem is not just affecting slim users.
  • i just took the game back to target and got a cash refund, i brought a printout of a webpage saying that the game is all messed up and full of glitches. they said they were gonna copy the printout and send it to the head office to tell them and i got a full refund
  • I just bought TWD game from Game Stop. I'm not sure what their return policy is but I hope it covers unplayable games. My teenage children and I all are proficient gamers, and we are all in able to get past the skips and jitters at the babysitters house. I'm angry and disappointed. We were all excited about this game and it was a waste of money. Taking it back to GameStop and hopefully able to get a store credit. I'm sorry but this game dropped the ball in an epic way.
  • i figured out what the problem was for those of you who cant play episode two after completing the first one. I have an xbox elite 120 gb and when I would start ep two the game would start back to the beginning. I had even dl'd the patch and it still wouldnt work. Well I tried again last night and it finally went to eoisode two. The only thing I did differently was keeping the xbox connected to Live. Maybe this will help a few of you with the same troubles I had. Just make sure you stay connected and episode two should fire right up.
This discussion has been closed.