User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 14.4K users
So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.
695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It reminds me of Left 4 Dead. I’m getting it.
  • Looks like a poor man's Dead Island.

Argh, hopefully this game doesnt push back the release of season 2 of TT's TWD.
  • It looks alright. It's just unfinished, clearly. It needs some more time for polish and it'll be good.
  • It only follows the television series right?
    If this is true I think the Telltale story is way more interesting.
    I love the television series, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to see different groups in this world.
  • JordyLicht;756055 said:
    It only follows the television series right?
    If this is true I think the Telltale story is way more interesting.
    I love the television series, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to see different groups in this world.

Yes, the main characters of the FPS will be the Dixon's. In that case it won't damage the reputation of the comics or the TT game.

This FPS looks like an extension of CoD's Zombie modes. And like many Activision shooters it will probably feature a mute main protagonist. Robert Kirkman is not amused about this. Everyone who is familiar with the original TWD universe knows that the series is mainly focusing on relations between the characters and their changing characteristics over the course of their journey.

Telltale's The Walking Dead reflected Kirkman's keynote brilliantly but I doubt that Activision will.
  • The visuals look very poor so far. I hope they invest some more resources into that, because I was actually very interested in this game. This game looks worse than all the games I've played in the last decade.
  • Better than another shitty rushed COD, I guess.
  • Viner16;755847 said:
    Hey Graphics aren't all that matter!
    But seriously, those zombies look like they're made of clay, all stiff and shiny. Hopefully the gameplay is much better and they polish some of the graphics up a bit before release.
    It's not even just the graphics or the gameplay, overall it looks like shit, and it can't be denied that it isn't.

If Crytek or DICE were the ones developing an FPS game based on The Walking Dead, then perhaps it would be enjoyable and playable, but this is horrible right now.
  • Given that this is from the people who made Kinect Star Wars... I wouldn't be surprised to find out that footage were from the finished product.
This discussion has been closed.