User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 77.5K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alcoremortis;757715 said:
    I'd say Stardust, Coraline, and Good Omens are books of his that I would have enjoyed as a kid. Then again, I also enjoyed stuff like Three Musketeers, Lord of the Rings, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... so who knows.

Also, you mean Garth Nix? The Keys to the Kingdom books were pretty good, but I'd say his best work was in his trilogy: Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen. He does a really good creepy gothic type story.
    The magic key series of young kids books, was what I meant. They were what I learnt to read with at school. Essentially the next step up from "The fat cat sat on the mat".
  • Friar;757837 said:
    The magic key series of young kids books, was what I meant. They were what I learnt to read with at school. Essentially the next step up from "The fat cat sat on the mat".
    I... didn't even know that those existed.

Then again, my picture book period was very short. And most of my favorites were Halloween books, like The Ghost Eye Tree.

• Friar;757837 said:
    I learnt how to read from those too!
  • Miracle Day is on Netflix UK now.
  • We know what IDW are doing.
    We know what AudioGo are doing (or, at least, getting Big Finish to do for them).
    We know what Puffin are doing.
    Now we know what Big Finish are doing (for themselves, this time) -

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/coming_soon_reverse/doctor-who-50th-anniversary

Empty those wallets now.
  • I'm all caught up on the current Doctor Who series, I've been going through everything starting about half-a-year ago now. I'm making my way through Classic Who at the moment, and just got to one of the first lost episodes with William Hartnell. Then after that, I'll check into the comics, books, and more than likely the audio CD's at some point depending on how big of a fan I feel like being.

As for my favorite Doctor? The Doctor, of course!
  • I'v only listened to like 2 or 3 Big Finish audios
  • I't still feels odd that all the 50th anniversary stuff is finally happening, after years of speculation. It's a bit surreal.

But most of the stuff sounds pretty decent that's been announced so far. If maybe a little standard (How many multi-doctors have big finish done now? four? Still I guess it's Tom's first one!)

The shorts are what I'm most looking forward to. Assuming they aren't too short anyway.
  • Here's a not-up-to-date list of multi-Doctor stories

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_multi-Doctor_stories

(on this subject, head over to Big Finish's website to listen to their last-but-one-or-so podcast, whcih contains the first episode of "The Wrong Doctors", with two sixth Doctors!)
Add Comment