User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 448K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;758461 said:
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds
    Well, if you understand the nerds' inside jokes, you're not really far from that shore, if you get my meanin'.

Heck, even my former boss quoted that scene. And that's not bad for a 35 year old Slovakian woman who generally is more into fashion and stuff. ;)
  • All this (this) Star Wars news has reminded me how great the original trilogy was.
  • Vainamoinen;758765 said:
    Well, if you understand the nerds' inside jokes, you're not really far from that shore, if you get my meanin'.
    I didn't understand anything. But I see a bunch of Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds when I see them.
  • der_ketzer;758923 said:
    I didn't understand anything. But I see a bunch of Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds when I see them.
    Nerrrrrds!!!!!!
  • coolsome;758924 said:
    Nerrrrrds!!!!!!
  • der_ketzer;758923 said:
    >But I see a bunch of Nerds when I see them.
    >I see... when I see

*coughLearnBetterGrammarcough*
  • When I see them => When I see a certain group of named individuals

I see a bunch => Observation of the aforementioned group of named individuals

It's still correct grammar.

Equivalent of:

I see a nerd when I see you.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    StrongBrush1;758980 said:
    >But I see a bunch of Nerds when I see them.
    >I see... when I see

*coughLearnBetterGrammarcough*
    The sentence in question is grammatically well formed. You will have to dive in a completely different field of language critique if you'd like to find fault with it.

Like, rhetorics. Variatio delectat and all that shit. :D
  • Pretty happy right now. Just got Epic Mickey 2. I loved Epic Mickey 1.
  • Dr. Octopus makes an okay Spider-Man, but he's kind of a creeper version of Peter Parker.
This discussion has been closed.