User Avatar Image

Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users
Sonic the hedgehog is a great video game character. Now i never had to do this before but i feel since this is a thread about Sonic i need to set some rules.

1.While you may talk about the bad Sonic games please don't turn this thread into a rant about Sonic being good then bad then starting to get good since Sonic Unleashed's day time levels.

2.This is a thread for fans of Classic Sonic,Modern Sonic, & fans of both so please respect others opinions.

3.Please no huge rants about Modern Sonic.

4.No huge rants about Sonic Characters/Sonic having too many friends. You may talk about Sonic characters you hate and why you hate them but no huge rants about Sonic being the only good Sonic Character.

I'm sorry about all those rules but this being a Sonic thread i felt i needed to set some ground rules.

You can talk about Sonic Games,Sonic Characters,Sonic Comics,Sonic cartoons and anything Sonic. You can even talk about Mario here.

Anyway he has been in loads of video games, A lot good, Some Bad. My question is what is your favorite Sonic game? Mine is a tie between Sonic Generations,Sonic Adventure DX, & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
107 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So... Anyone played SA2 HD?
  • Yeah, I finished all 3 stories :) Biolizard was a pain to beat.
  • I'm not a big Sonic fan, but the only Sonic game I ever really played was Sonic Heroes. I got Sonic Colors, but I never really gave enough of a crap to finish.

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here...
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    ParadoxalMindElla1;747835 said:
    So... Anyone played SA2 HD?
    I just picked it up for the platform day of XBLA's Christmas sale.

I haven't played it yet. I'm looking forward to it though, it's been a while since I've played the Dreamcast version (and I don't think I ever completed it either).
  • Jennifer;751360 said:
    I just picked it up for the platform day of XBLA's Christmas sale.

I haven't played it yet. I'm looking forward to it though, it's been a while since I've played the Dreamcast version (and I don't think I ever completed it either).
    Yeah.....Good luck on the biolizard.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    ryannumber1gamer;651438 said:
    I think you would enjoy Sonic Generations.
    I just completed this after taking a break from Sonic Adventure 2 (I played the light side story and some of the dark side story, but got annoyed at Rouge's level with the security lasers and stopped for a while).

You're right, I did enjoy it. A lot. It's the best 3D Sonic game I've played. :D

Even the levels inspired by Sonic games that were criticized by journalists and fans were fun. Although, the Sonic Colors stage didn't flow as well (since the abilities were game specific rather than an extension of Sonic's regular platforming skills), and was the only level to me that felt tacked on. It still was fun though. :)
  • Robotnik was probably the best part of that, actually. I liked the little origin idea they gave him.
  • Speaking of fan films... I present to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMMMalj9Fw (This is the worst fan film ever. It can make you laugh so hard (unfortunately not because it's meant to be funny) that you won't be able to breath and you'll die. Watch this at your own risk.)
Add Comment