User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Return?

posted by waseeqsiddiqui on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users
When are we going to have sequel of Monkey island series? I m dying 2 see Haggis Mc Mutton and Young Wally again!
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Considering that's LucasArts' decision to make, probably never. It's kind of amazing Tales happened at all, really.
  • User Avatar Image
    Syd
    We just don't know. We might see another one someday, or Disney (who now owns Monkey Island due to the LucasFilm buyout not too long ago) might bury the series in a vault to never see the light of day again.
  • Thatz Sad! Ron Gilbert should do something! Its My fav game along with Walking Dead!
  • waseeqsiddiqui;762598 said:
    Thatz Sad! Ron Gilbert should do something! Its My fav game along with Walking Dead!
    Ron Gilbert apparently has plans to contact Disney about the future of Monkey Island. It's unlikely anything will come of it, but at least he's doing something.

    Speaking of Ron Gilbert, I'm looking forward to The Cave.
  • Cave resembles like maniac mansion!
  • User Avatar Image
    Syd
    waseeqsiddiqui;762717 said:
    Cave resembles like maniac mansion!
    It's a spiritual sequel of sorts, though the basic idea for The Cave had been bouncing around in Ron's head since before Maniac Mansion existed.
  • waseeqsiddiqui;762187 said:
    When are we going to have sequel of Monkey island series?
    Monkey Island comes in cycles, friend. We know there's a will, so a way will eventually pop up down the line.
  • With Disney buying Lucasarts(which could effect the other game series besides Monkey Island) chances are there isn't gonna be a new game anytime soon. Then again, if Ron is trying to convince Disney to make another game. Then anything is possible.
  • Leplaya;772251 said:
    With Disney buying Lucasarts(which could effect the other game series besides Monkey Island) chances are there isn't gonna be a new game anytime soon. Then again, if Ron is trying to convince Disney to make another game. Then anything is possible.
    Disney doesn't keep skeletons in it's closet, it buries them. I came to this section of the forum hoping for some hint a new MI game would come, instead I find this, which makes me say "MI does not fit Disney's kid-friendly image, so it will be locked away and they'll pretend it never happened"

    Oh well, ToMI was still good, though I wish it had ended on less of a sequil hook than it did...
  • I just wish the series would come back :(. Don't know why they simply wouldn't sell the license or why no one wants to buy it. It's not fair really... my favourite series of all time and this tragic thing happens to it.
Add Comment