User Avatar Image

In what year does the game take place?

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 796 users
The first issue of the comic was released in 2003, but I am reading The Rise of the Governor right now and they mention stuff like Facebook or Twitter. What do you ladies think?
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nuked;762981 said:
    No power. No way to charge cell phones.
    Amusing side note:

I read the CDC's zombie apocalypse survival guide for fun awhile back, and it includes things on the emergency preparedness list like cell phone and charger but no guns and ammo.
  • double_u;762994 said:
    Amusing side note:

I read the CDC's zombie apocalypse survival guide for fun awhile back, and it includes things on the emergency preparedness list like cell phone and charger but no guns and ammo.
    I'm pretty sure the CDC's ZA guide is actually just their regular emergency guide and they just renamed it a Zombie Apocalypse to get more people to read it. :D
  • Nuked;762981 said:
    No power. No way to charge cell phones.
    car charger?
  • Platinumb;763002 said:
    car charger?
    You need a special cord to do that.
  • Platinumb;763002 said:
    car charger?
    Pretty sure no power means cell towers themselves won't work. I guess you could play games on them. :p
  • Nuked;763004 said:
    You need a special cord to do that.
    And fuel to keep the engine running.
  • Jaded X Gamer;763006 said:
    Pretty sure no power means cell towers themselves won't work. I guess you could play games on them. :p
    good point :p

I guess I'm Carley when it comes to things workings ;)
  • Well, you can only guess from the TV's, the cars, the furniture, the way the stores look etc. From what I've seen anywhere from 1995-2005.
    I believe around 2006 you couldn't find those type of TVs being sold anymore.
  • From what I heard, Kirkman said it takes place in the early 21st century, so that could be anytime from 2000 to present day.
  • The year was 1864
This discussion has been closed.