Telltale Autumn Sale

Mankind or Clementine?

Please read before vote.
Just a my fiction, but if in the final season (Ending of Clementine story) we got a vaccine ( I know that Robert Kirkman says that naver happen in TWD world).
So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns). Vaccine works this way: If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at the second month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
You flying away from military base who was attacked a horde of walkers, you planning to flying by big cargo plane with Clementine, and with pregnant girl-pilot ( for example Lilly who has got romance with main character, and gets pregnancy from him few days ago; Now is the first month of pregnancy ). Plane are ready to take off , but the cargo compartment is full of walkers. Clem, you, and pilot are in cockpit, you have closed the door to cockpit, and walkers can't get you in here. The engines included, you sit on second pilot place, and pull back on the steering wheel. The plane begins to take off. A pregnant girl-pilot opened the cargo compartment, and a lot of walkers are falling out of the plane. Suddenly door to cockpit has busted, and some walkers were going inside. Clementine pulled out a gun (Colt M1911) and says:
-"Don't worry I'll take care of this"
- You: "What? Hell no. That's dangerous, you can't do that! Sit here!"
- Clementine: "Of course I can, I'm ten years old, remember?" *smiles*
*bang* *bang*
The plane quickly begins to gain in height, and is tilted upward at a sharp angle. The last walker to enter the cockpit grabs Clementine by the leg. In a frantic moment, she grabs the handle to the cockpit door in a desperate attempt to stay alive, but not before forever losing her precious baseball cap to the current.
-Clementine: Aaaaaah... Aaaaah. HELP! PLEASE!
- You: "HOLD ON CLEM!"
You shoot the walker from your rifle, and caught her by her hand, you hold her in two hands.
*sad music starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOiBH4xIbg
-Clementine *nearly crying*: "PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!"
-You: "I hold you! Do you hear me?! I hold you! It's ok hun, it's ok, just hold on!"

Ampoule with vaccine are falling out of your pocket. *Time slows down* ( as like drugstore when you must choose Carley or Doug).

If you attempt to catch the ampoule with one hand, you are unable to hold onto Clementine, because you had got a bullet wound on your left shoulder one week ago. And so your precious symbol of innocence is lost forever.

If you continue to hold Clementine, the ampoule containing the vaccine falls out of the plane, effectively dooming the human race to a continuous cycle of infection.

You've got six seconds to make a choose *in slow motion* before the ampule wjth vaccine will falling out of you pocket.

If you will do nothing in this six seconds, Clem will noticing that ampule are falling out. Then she will looking to the vaccine, and saying "Goodbye", she will relaxing her hand, and falling down. You will catching ampule, then you will trying to grab Clem's hand, but it will too late.

What would you choose?
«13456710

Comments

  • edited January 2013
    If you've seen alot of my posts, you'll know how much I love Clem and how much I cried at the end of the game, so Clem.
    :)
  • edited January 2013
    Fuck mankind, Clementine FTW.
  • edited January 2013
    I choose mankind. I love Clem and all, but I'm not wiping out an entire species just for her.
  • edited January 2013
    I was ready to send everybody over the edge to save Clem, I was willing to do EVERYTHING neccesary to save her NO matter what, I'd cripple fight a zombie bear for her xD so hell yeah I'd save her. :eek: Also there's no guarantee the newborns won't be killed so that's one more reason.
    Riadon wrote:
    Fuck mankind, Clementine FTW.
    fully agree with that. :cool:
  • edited January 2013
    Fuck the whole world, I choose Clem :D
  • edited January 2013
    Fuck the whole world, I choose Clem :D

    the people who choose Clem........would have to...you know...to re-populate
  • edited January 2013
    eh, save humankind.

    I think even Clem would want me to do that; she' isn't a selfish little girl.
  • edited January 2013
    Tazzle27 wrote: »
    the people who choose Clem........would have to...you know...to re-populate

    Jesus Christ no!


    Are you guys even serious about saving clem over mankind?
  • edited January 2013
    If the vaccine is made once it can be made again, there is only one Clementine.

    It's not even a choice for me, Clem's saved!
  • edited January 2013
    If the vaccine is made once it can be made again, there is only one Clementine.

    It's not even a choice for me, Clem's saved!

    No, this is a unique vaccine, it was done in the laboratory at this military base. Make a copy of the vaccines can be only in the laboratory with expensive equipment in another military base (secret military lab's)
  • edited January 2013
    I love Clementine, but the damn cure of course.
  • edited January 2013
    What would Spock do?
  • edited January 2013
    This is truly tough, first thought is Humanity. Clem is my favorite, but its the CURE. But in reality, me playing the game or in real life... I would have no choice but to save Clem. I couldnt look into her eyes and drop her out of a plane. She is like my daughter, and I wouldnt drop her for anything. Selfish? Maybe, but when it comes down to it, family is the most important thing in the world, and Clem is my family.
  • edited January 2013
    Family may be important than any single other thing in the world...but is it more important than the ENTIRE world? Just think of all the people that will never exist because there is no vaccine... all the lives that could have been...
  • edited January 2013
    There are some selfish ass people on this board. Without that cure Clem will probably die anyway.
  • edited January 2013
    This is a very tough decision. Here, choosing between humanity and Clementine, I would chose humanity, as it's the most rational way to go. As much as I like Clementine, I can't screw the whole humanity just because of one life - these are my thoughts in that situation.

    But I also tried to look at this from a different perspective. If I take Clementine out of this and replace her with someone I really love, the situation becomes ten times harder, and my previous "rationalized" choice won't happen, because I know that I would not be able to sacrifice that person.

    I still stay with my decision to safe vaccine over Clementine, because again, despite that I like her, she's just a fictional character and thus I am able to rationally think through this situation without being overwhelmed with my emotions completely - no matter how well-written and played out the character is, it can't trick my mind completely.

    But if I were in the similar situation with that person mentioned earlier, I know I'd lose the vaccine.

    The aftermath... I would be in a great depression after saving the vaccine, and I would blame myself till the end of my life. But at the same time, if the vaccine actually works and saves the humanity... I would keep asking myself till the end: "You've killed a kid to safe millions. Was it worth it?.."
  • edited January 2013
    Mankind. Less humans means more walkers and more walkers means less safety for Clem.
  • G.RossG.Ross Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2013
    I thought this thread was voting for Clem or Mick Foley....
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Riadon wrote: »
    fuck mankind, clementine ftw.

    ^^that
  • edited January 2013
    I have a oath to our queen for the queen!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    Between Clementine and the vaccine? I'd have to say the vaccine... can go to hell. Seriously. It's worthless. It's certainly not worth the life of probably the coolest child ever.

    Why is it worthless? Because it doesn't save anyone from anything they can't already prevent. It cures the zombie infection... So? The infection itself isn't fatal. Heck, it doesn't even do anything to hinder you. It simply kick-starts your corpse after you die. The vaccine doesn't do anything to stop that death. It doesn't suddenly end the zombies that are out there, so you still need to worry about being eaten. You just wouldn't have to destroy the brain after a death.

    When all is said and done, the adaptability of humans would make the barbaric act (by current standards) of bashing, stabbing, shooting, whatever you do to destroy a brain not such a hard thing to accept in time. After years of dealing with this new rule of death, people would get used to it and accept it. If I know people, it may actually become a ritual, or tradition (like asking the father if he wants to cut the umbilical cord after a child is born) if humanity can survive that long. It would be little more than the new first step in the funeral process.

    There's your vaccine right there. No expensive equipment. No complex formulas. No nonsense. Period. Destroy the brain, no zombie. Same thing.
  • edited January 2013
    Rock114 wrote: »
    Family may be important than any single other thing in the world...but is it more important than the ENTIRE world? Just think of all the people that will never exist because there is no vaccine... all the lives that could have been...

    What is Lee supposed to do with a vaccine? small tube of A vaccine is worthless. It might be enough to save two or three people, but then in will run out. And without a Secret Military lab there is no way to replicate and create more of the vaccine.

    By saving that vial of vaccine and killing Clem, you are saving maybe what will amount to 3 or 4 babies that have a less likely chance of surviving in this world than Clem.
  • edited January 2013
    If the vaccine is made once it can be made again, there is only one Clementine.

    I agree on that, which is why my choice would be to save Clementine.
  • edited January 2013
    zev_zev wrote: »
    So you got a vaccine in our equipment, this vaccine can help newborn children to be be uninfected forever (only newborns)

    Hmmm... if it's only a vaccine for newborns, yeah it will prevent them from turning, but there will still be millions of walkers crawling around in every corner, and they are not safe anyhow. Food is scarce and they need a lot of things to survive their first few months. So I choose Clementine.
    But if there is actual cure(which I highly doubt will happen in TWD universe) for the infected people, then I don't know anymore xD
  • edited January 2013
    Please don't forget about this fact that girl-pilot are pregnant from main character and if they survive then after nine mounth baby will born. Main character (let's call him Steve for example) are twenty eight years old male. Steve and Clem together one year. He loves her as a doughter, but Clem still remember Lee, she loves Steve almost as much as she loved Lee.
  • edited January 2013
    zev_zev wrote: »
    No, this is a unique vaccine, it was done in the laboratory at this military base. Make a copy of the vaccines can be only in the laboratory with expensive equipment in another military base (secret military lab's)

    But it's not impossible to recreate, if someone made it once than it can be done again. It may take a long time or be very unlikely but it's still a possibility!

    A dead Clementine has no possibility of coming back...
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    There are some selfish ass people on this board. Without that cure Clem will probably die anyway.

    Would you sacrifice a loved one to save the rest of humanity? I couldn't do that. Maybe I am selfish but in my eyes my loved ones are more important than anyone else.
  • edited January 2013
    I would save Clementine without any heistation. You can learn to live with the infection and the Walkers.
  • edited January 2013
    Crap, this one is hard. Mankind. It'll help Clementine and it's faster than killing all the zombies in the world.
  • edited January 2013
    We shouldn't underestimate the vacine. In the walking dead universe mankind will go extinct, because the ZA can never end. Eventually they'll be nobody left. Saving the vaccine puts a cap on the number of walkers.
  • edited January 2013
    The Fallen wrote: »
    We shouldn't underestimate the vacine. In the walking dead universe mankind will go extinct, because the ZA can never end. Eventually they'll be nobody left. Saving the vaccine puts a cap on the number of walkers.

    Thats dumb. The humanity will learn to assure that they are not put in danger, for example putting dead people with a nail through their head to their ultimate rest, burning the corpses immediatley. We don't know if deadborn babies are a problem, but even if, then is a pregnancy just a higher risk, but nothing unmanageable. The walkind dead zombie apokalypse is easy to overcome, as long as you learn fast enough how. I guess humanity will manage.
  • edited January 2013
    Would you sacrifice a loved one to save the rest of humanity? I couldn't do that. Maybe I am selfish but in my eyes my loved ones are more important than anyone else.

    Without the cure you'll lose more loved ones anyway, including the one you saved.
  • edited January 2013
    I would save Clementine without any heistation. You can learn to live with the infection and the Walkers.

    This is just stupid. You know that's not true.
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    This is just stupid. You know that's not true.

    Wrong. I know its true.
  • edited January 2013
    Mankind could continue and just deal with the zombie problem and start a new. In time there would be enough survivors and scientists in a bunch to make the vaccine again, so I would save clem. It probably wouldnt even take that long because all of mankinds knowlege is out there on hard discs.
    If you let clem die then you let the exact thing youre trying to save go to waste.
  • edited January 2013
    Nuked wrote: »
    Without the cure you'll lose more loved ones anyway, including the one you saved.

    How would the vaccine make that any different? All it does is prevent someone from becoming a zombie, which is just as easily accomplished with a hammer. It doesn't eliminate all the existing ones (which greatly outnumber the living). It doesn't prevent bites from killing. So how would a pocket-sized vial of a vaccine that only stops you from becoming a zombie after death be able to save anyone?

    How would word of the vaccine get out?

    How many doses are there?

    How would every woman who is pregnant be able to get a hold of it?

    This vaccine just wouldn't fix anything. However, Clementine alone could probably prevent more zombies than a tiny vial could.
  • edited January 2013
    BlackBoxx wrote: »
    How would the vaccine make that any different? All it does is prevent someone from becoming a zombie, which is just as easily accomplished with a hammer. It doesn't eliminate all the existing ones (which greatly outnumber the living). It doesn't prevent bites from killing. So how would a pocket-sized vial of a vaccine that only stops you from becoming a zombie after death be able to save anyone?

    How would word of the vaccine get out?

    How many doses are there?

    How would every woman who is pregnant be able to get a hold of it?

    This vaccine just wouldn't fix anything. However, Clementine alone could probably prevent more zombies than a tiny vial could.

    There are only one ampule vaccine, but it can be copied if there is the necessary equipment. If pregnant woman will injecting vaccine to her stomach at five's month of pregnancy, then her child will be uninfected forever, if he dies he will not turn, but bite is still deadly.
  • edited January 2013
    like I said, as long as i can do anything, Clem won't die, no matter what,
    zev_zev, you asked us this question but did not say what you would do, what would you do? (just curious)
  • edited January 2013
    ZeroShoot wrote: »
    like I said, as long as i can do anything, Clem won't die, no matter what,
    zev_zev, you asked us this question but did not say what you would do, what would you do? (just curious)

    That's why I asked this horrible question, because I really don't know what would I do. My choice would be obvious in favor of Clem if not the girl-the pilot who is pregnant from the main character.
This discussion has been closed.