User Avatar Image

The Goodwill Thread - Gift Your Games (50+ Post Count required)

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 11.8K users
Hey guys. I know us gamers sometimes end up with extra Steam keys (Frozen Synapse comes as a set, for example) or gift copies of games we already own. This thread is a place to offer these copies up to whomever wants them, and pass on the gift of video game giving.

This is a thread out of goodwill, so no trading or selling.

Personally, I have an extra Steam key for each of the following:

Gish
Trauma
Frozen Synapse

if you HAVE NOT gotten a free Steam key from me before (unless you were my Santa recipient or I sent you a birthday gift), and you'd like one of these games, shoot me a PM.

First come first served.

Happy gifting!

GIFTS LIST, curent gift offers:

divisionten offers:
Gish

Darth Marsden offers:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

JedExodus offers:
Gish

Michael Parks offers:
Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death VII

SHODANFreeman offers:
Puzzle Agent (via TT's website)
752 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Should I just edit the first post/thread title to include the 'member since December' bit?
  • I would say "account at least one month old" so you don't have to keep changing it.
  • HelloCthulhu;763497 said:
    I'll take the basement collection.
    I sent you a friend request on Steam.

I'm not sure, but it seems like it's only possible to gift games if you've got the e-mail of the recipient or have them on your friends list. So if anyone wants The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition they should send me a Steam friend request (steamcommunity.com/id/eivindkn) in addition to the pm to speed up the gifting process.
  • GuruGuru214;763540 said:
    I would say "account at least one month old" so you don't have to keep changing it.
    I went with 50 posts instead, as I'm sure you can see.

The reasoning being that it should help encourage people to actually get involved with everyone a little more.
  • These rules need to be stricter! AT LEAST SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS!!
  • Can we count posts in "whatever's on your mind" and the other forum games toward that count? Because I'm pretty sure I'd be nearing seven thousand if that were the case.

Edit: Yeah, adding in just "whatever's on your mind" to my normal post count, I have 6,507 posts.
  • I'd just go with what it says under your avatar.
  • Alcoremortis;763704 said:

Edit: Yeah, adding in just "whatever's on your mind" to my normal post count, I have 6,507 posts.
    How can I find how many posts I've made in total? I know it's wayyy higher than 500 since I spent my first two years on the forum in the games section.
  • I have no idea. I just manually went to the "whatever's on your mind" thread and checked to see how many posts I'd made there and added it to my actual post count. I could have added up the posts from all the other forum games as well, but that seemed like too much work and the bulk of my posts in that subforum were in "whatever" anyways.
Add Comment